Prof. John Weinman & Natalie Newell
- Prof. John Weinman is a prominent expert in the field of patient health behaviours and is Head of Health Psychology (Europe) for Atlantis Healthcare, global leaders in patient behaviour change & adherence solutions.
- Natalie Newell is a Global Patient Strategy Director for Atlantis Healthcare with expertise in designing, developing and implementing global patient awareness and activation strategies, global and local patient support programs, as well as payer and market access strategies.
- The drivers of patient health behaviours (e.g. non-adherence to medication).
- How to identify and interpret specific individual drivers of health behaviours.
- Actionable steps to design or enhance personalised solutions that address these drivers.
- Identify strategic behavioural change opportunities that contribute to commercial brand outcomes and optimise healthcare resource utilisation.
- How to design and develop personalised interventional content that engages all stakeholders.
- Understand the application of digital technology for delivering personalised, scalable support experiences.
- Dos & don’ts for managing regulatory restrictions, effective enrolment and regional implementation.
- You will have the unique opportunity to interact with Prof. John Weinman, one of the world’s leading experts on improving patient adherence.
- The programme includes an interactive session during which you can discuss the challenges you are facing in your current patient/caregiver/HCP support solution(s).
Why You Should Attend
Behavioural science, and in particular the science of patient health behaviours, is the new buzz in pharma’s patient-centric community. Whilst the challenge of non-adherence has been around for as long as medications exist, successful efforts to address the challenge have been scarce. This is primarily due to a lack of knowledge in two areas: What does an effective intervention look like for a specific patient? How do we scale this across markets and conditions?
The Content & Experts: In order to answer these questions, Understanding Patient Behaviour & Developing Personalised Solutions is presented by two experts who have been at the cutting edge of these challenges for a number of years. You will learn from one of the world’s leading experts on improving patient adherence, Prof. John Weinman, and from Global Patient Strategy Director Natalie Newell on effective strategies in designing, developing and running support solutions. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to take your current patient/caregiver/HCP support solution(s) to the next level, because the programme includes a workshop to explore opportunities for enhancing your Patient Support Programmes, benefitting from the insights and experience of both Professor John Weinman and Natalie Newell.
The Understanding Patient Behaviour & Developing Personalised Solutions course is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. John Weinman and Natalie Newell on the topic of patient adherence.
Agenda of Understanding Patient Behaviour & Developing Personalised Solutions
Important: all hours are noted in Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Introduction to Behavioural Science and Patient Behaviour
What are the Drivers of Health Behaviours?
Personalising Solution Design to Increase the Uptake of Desired Behaviours
Facilitating Desired Patient Behaviours
Interactive Session – Developing Personalised Solutions
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This 1-day seminar perfectly balances theory with practice. Lectures alternate with short interactive exercises that bring some of the ideas and concepts to life. This hands-on course ends with a workshop to explore opportunities for enhancing your own Patient Support Programmes, benefitting from the insights and experience of both Professor John Weinman and Natalie Newell.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
Who Should Attend?
Adherence is an issue that overlaps many functional areas but the patient adherence seminar is particularly suitable for brand/product teams, patient-engagement specialists, medical science liaisons and market access professionals developing pharmaceutical services to complement products.
As this course is delivered by Prof. Weinman and Natalie Newell from Atlantis Healthcare, a world leader in evidence-based personalised patient support programs, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|TA Manager Cardio, Emerging Markets||Abbott||Switzerland|
|Patient Experience Manager||Abbvie||Belgium|
|Business Unit Director Primary Care||ALK||Germany|
|Senior Global Product Manager Global Dermatology Business Unit||Almirall||Spain|
|Associate Brand Director, Transplantation||Astellas||United Kingdom|
|Head of CV Inline Brands||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Medical Science Liaison||Baxalta||United Kingdom|
|Brand Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Biogen||Belgium|
|International Product Manager||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Medical Education Manager||Bristol-Myers Squibb||United Kingdom|
|Senior Brand Manager||Celgene||Belgium|
|Therapeutic Head Medical Affairs||Chiesi||France|
|Global Purchasing Manager||Ferring||Switzerland|
|Vice President Market Access & Concepts Ketoanalogues & Enteral Nutrition||Fresenius||Germany|
|Patient Care Manager||Genzyme||Belgium|
|International Senior Medical Manager Oncology||Gilead||United Kingdom|
|Regulatory Affairs Manager||Ipsen||Algeria|
|Implementation Manager||Janssen||United Kingdom|
|Senior Brand Manager||Lilly||United Kingdom|
|Brand Manager General Medicine & Speciality||Merck Group||Austria|
|Global Portfolio Manager - Lipid Health||Mylan||Switzerland|
|Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Denmark|
|International Product Manager||Orphan Europe||France|
|Senior Regional Marketing Manager||Pfizer||Switzerland|
|Country Medical Affairs||Roche||Belgium|
|Marketing Director Integrated Solutions – devices Events||Sanofi||France|
|Neuroscience Country Medical Lead||Shire||United Kingdom|
|Medical Lead RA||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
Currently all CELforPharma courses are planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom) until international travel is back to normal.
11 March 2021, live online
29 June 2021, live online
12 October 2021, live online
25 November 2021, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to an expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course)
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held before 31 December 2021.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.