Prof. John Weinman & Natalie Newell
- Prof. John Weinman is a prominent expert in the field of patient health behaviours and is Head of Health Psychology (Europe) for Atlantis Healthcare, global leaders in patient behaviour change & adherence solutions.
- Natalie Newell is a Global Patient Strategy Director for Atlantis Healthcare with expertise in designing, developing and implementing global patient awareness and activation strategies, global and local patient support programs, as well as payer and market access strategies.
- The drivers of patient health behaviours (e.g. non-adherence to medication).
- How to identify and interpret specific individual drivers of health behaviours.
- A framework to design or enhance personalised solutions that address these drivers.
- Identify strategic behavioural change opportunities that contribute to commercial brand outcomes and optimise healthcare resource utilisation.
- Different approaches to personalisation and segmentation, to help address patient beliefs and other self-management barriers.
- Best practices drawn from real-world case-studies of successful personalised solutions.
- Different measurements and Key Performance Indicators to ensure your personalised solution is achieving its objectives.
- You will have the unique opportunity to interact with Prof. John Weinman, one of the world’s leading experts on improving patient adherence.
- 2 real-world case studies of personalised solutions will be discussed and additional case studies will be sent as follow-on material.
Why You Should Attend
Behavioural science, and in particular the science of patient health behaviours, is the new buzz in pharma’s patient-centric community. Whilst the challenge of non-adherence has been around for as long as medications exist, successful efforts to address the challenge have been scarce. This is primarily due to a lack of knowledge in two areas: What does an effective intervention look like for a specific patient? How do we scale this across markets and conditions?
The Content & Experts: In order to answer these questions, Understanding Patient Behaviour & Developing Personalised Solutions is presented by two experts who have been at the cutting edge of these challenges for a number of years. You will learn from one of the world’s leading experts on improving patient adherence, Prof. John Weinman, and from Global Patient Strategy Director Natalie Newell on effective strategies in designing, developing and running support solutions. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to take your current patient/caregiver/HCP support solution(s) to the next level, because the programme includes a workshop to explore opportunities for enhancing your Patient Support Programmes, benefitting from the insights and experience of both Professor John Weinman and Natalie Newell.
The Understanding Patient Behaviour & Developing Personalised Solutions course is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. John Weinman and Natalie Newell on the topic of patient adherence.
Agenda of Understanding Patient Behaviour & Developing Personalised Solutions
Important: all hours are noted in CET/Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Short breaks will be offered throughout the day.
Welcome (~30 min)
Introduction to Behavioural Science and Patient Behaviour (~30 min)
What are the Drivers of Health Behaviours? (~1 h 45 min)
Interactive Session – Identifying Patient Beliefs (~45 min)
In small groups participants apply the COM-B model to identify patient beliefs in a case study and the results of the group work are presented in plenary.
Personalising Solution Design to Increase the Uptake of Desired Behaviours (~30 min)
Impact of COVID-19 on Patient Behaviours (~30 min)
Facilitating Desired Patient Behaviours (~1 h 15 min)
Interactive Session – Facilitating Desired Patient Behaviours (~30 min)
In groups, participants take their findings from applying the COM-B model to identify patient adherence/behavioural barriers and discuss which Behaviour Change Techniques could be used to influence patient behaviour.
Final Q&A (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This 1-day seminar perfectly balances theory with practice. Lectures alternate with short interactive exercises that bring some of the ideas and concepts to life. This hands-on course ends with a workshop to explore opportunities for enhancing your own Patient Support Programmes, benefitting from the insights and experience of both Professor John Weinman and Natalie Newell.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
Adherence is an issue that overlaps many functional areas but the patient adherence seminar is particularly suitable for brand/product teams, patient-engagement specialists, medical science liaisons and market access professionals developing pharmaceutical services to complement products.
As this course is delivered by Prof. Weinman and Natalie Newell from Atlantis Healthcare, a world leader in evidence-based personalised patient support programs, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|TA Manager Cardio, Emerging Markets||Abbott||Switzerland|
|Patient Experience Manager||Abbvie||Belgium|
|Business Unit Director Primary Care||ALK||Germany|
|Senior Global Product Manager Global Dermatology Business Unit||Almirall||Spain|
|Associate Brand Director, Transplantation||Astellas||United Kingdom|
|Head of CV Inline Brands||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Medical Science Liaison||Baxalta||United Kingdom|
|Brand Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Biogen||Belgium|
|International Product Manager||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Medical Education Manager||Bristol-Myers Squibb||United Kingdom|
|Senior Brand Manager||Celgene||Belgium|
|Therapeutic Head Medical Affairs||Chiesi||France|
|Global Purchasing Manager||Ferring||Switzerland|
|Vice President Market Access & Concepts Ketoanalogues & Enteral Nutrition||Fresenius||Germany|
|Patient Care Manager||Genzyme||Belgium|
|International Senior Medical Manager Oncology||Gilead||United Kingdom|
|Regulatory Affairs Manager||Ipsen||Algeria|
|Implementation Manager||Janssen||United Kingdom|
|Senior Brand Manager||Lilly||United Kingdom|
|Brand Manager General Medicine & Speciality||Merck Group||Austria|
|Global Portfolio Manager - Lipid Health||Mylan||Switzerland|
|Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Denmark|
|International Product Manager||Orphan Europe||France|
|Senior Regional Marketing Manager||Pfizer||Switzerland|
|Country Medical Affairs||Roche||Belgium|
|Marketing Director Integrated Solutions – devices Events||Sanofi||France|
|Neuroscience Country Medical Lead||Shire||United Kingdom|
|Medical Lead RA||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
Currently this CELforPharma course is planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom).
11 May 2022, live online
6 December 2022, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.