Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans
- Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans has participated in more than 400 health economic evaluations in over 20 countries across a wide spectrum of therapeutic areas. He has also been involved as an expert in a large number of Health Technology Assessments (HTAs) and is actively involved in HTA on a European level.
- A unique profile: academic professor, past-president of ISPOR, advisor to policy makers, trainer and consultant.
- Highly respected for his vast international and cross-therapeutic experience, Lieven is a much sought-after advisor and educator to health policy makers and the innovative healthcare industry.
- Author of Health economics for non-economists (Pelckmans Pro, 2018).
- The full meaning of QALYs and ICERs, and how to calculate them.
- Commonly used health economic modelling techniques.
- Key principles of cost analysis and budget impact analysis.
- The 10 guidelines for conducting and reporting health economic evaluations.
- How to assess peer reviewed health economic articles.
- How health economic evaluations are integrated in clinical trial programmes.
- The use of health economic evaluations in pricing & reimbursement decision making.
- The importance of health economic evaluations along the innovation life cycle.
- Participating in the 2-day face-to-face course with Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans gives you the opportunity to discuss your own projects/issues with him during the breaks.
- The face-to-face classroom training enforces learning from your industry peers: The exchange of experiences and ideas is very intense. You will have many opportunities for conversations with your peers outside the formal agenda.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: This health economics course not only provides you with an explanation of concepts and methods, it also discusses the integration of health economic evaluations in clinical development and brand marketing plans (with practical examples), as well as the perspective of the decision maker - including examples of successful applications of health economic evaluations.
The Expert: Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans not only has wide international experience in health economic evaluations (over 200 completed projects with over 30 different pharmaceutical or medical device companies) but also built a very strong reputation within the international pharmaco-economic community as a high-impact trainer. Throughout his career, Lieven has worked in pharmaceutical companies, in health care policy environments, in consultancy and in academic positions.
The Health Economics for Non-Health-Economists course is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. Lieven Annemans on the topic of health economics.
What is the difference with the Basics of Health Economics online self-study programme ?
- The 2-day face-to-face course has more breadth and depth in both theory (lectures) and practice (group work). For instance, the 2-hour module on the “Guidelines for Health Economic Evaluations” is highly valued because of the interactive group work session on a health economic publication.
- In a face-to-face classroom training, you learn a lot from your industry peers because of the exchange of experiences and ideas and the discussions about issues you face in your function. The Q&A sessions are very rich and you will have many opportunities for conversations with your peers outside the formal programme.
- Participating in the 2-day course gives the opportunity to meet Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans and discuss your own projects/issues with him during the breaks.
Agenda of the Health Economics for Non-Health-Economists course
Welcome & General Introduction
Health Economic Evaluations: Why and How
Health Economic Modelling – Commonly Used Models
Cost Analysis and Budget Impact Analysis. Key Principles
Prospective Research for Health Economic Evaluations
Close Day 1
Recap of Day 1 through Exercises on QALYs & ICERs
Guidelines for Health Economic Evaluations
Guidelines for Health Economic Evaluations (continued)
Use of Health Economic Evaluations in Price & Reimbursement Decision Making
Health Economic Evaluations in a Pharmaceutical Drug’s Life Cycle
Break-Out Session: Developing Together a Health Economic Strategy
|Coffee Break will be served during break-out session|
End of Course
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Prof. Lieven Annemans is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussions. In addition, two exercises will be used to help bring theory into practice.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the course title suggests, this course is designed for non-health-economists.
As pharma companies are facing ever-increasing hurdles to optimise market access for their brands, all managers in product development and marketing should attend this course so that they can contribute to a successful integration of health economic evaluations into clinical and brand plans.
While most of the examples and exercises discussed in this course are about pharmaceuticals, this course is equally relevant to, and has always been highly valued by (see testimonials), executives from the medical devices industry.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Medical Director Benelux||ALK||Netherlands|
|Director, Global Public Policy & Affairs||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Sr Medical Director, Regional Medical Affairs Head Immunology, EMEA||Baxalta||Switzerland|
|Head of Health Economics Hospital Care DACH||Baxter||Germany|
|Market Access Manager, Asia Pacific||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Singapore|
|Market Access Manager||Biogen||Ireland|
|Head Market Access & External Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Netherlands|
|Product Manager Immuno-Oncology Switzerland||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Switzerland|
|Manager, Government Relations||Celgene||Belgium|
|Health Outcomes & Pharmacoeconomics Manager||Chiesi||Netherlands|
|Medical Advisor||CSL Behring||Belgium|
|Medical Director, Clinical R&D Gastro||Ferring||Denmark|
|Generics Portfolio & Marketing - Mature & Emerging Markets||Fresenius Kabi||Germany|
|Market Access Manager NL accounts||Genzyme||Netherlands|
|Director Strategic Pricing & Allocations||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Senior Director Commercial Assessment||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Group Therapeutic Area Director||Janssen||Hungary|
|Sr. Principal Product Stewardship, Compliance & EU Packaging||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|RA & Compliance Manager||LEO Pharma||Switzerland|
|EUCAN Customer Engagement / Experience Lead||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Switzerland|
|Market Access Head Franchise Management||Novartis||Germany|
|Sr Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|International Health Policy Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Manager Cardiovascular||Sanofi||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access & Corporate Affaires||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Director, Specialty Life Cycle Initiatives Global Specialty Medicines||Teva||Belgium|
|Director, New Product Planning||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
Our face-to-face courses take place at the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport (Da Vincilaan 4, 1831 Brussels), a four-star hotel located 5 minutes from Brussels National Airport and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
5-6 October 2023, Brussels
14-15 December 2023, Brussels
Hotel Booking Assistance
As part of our strong relationship with the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport, CELforPharma has secured a discount on the daily room rate for our delegates who book their accommodation via us. Upon your registration, we will assist you to make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Group dinner in the evening of Day 1.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card (through a secure payment link, which you will receive together with the invoice).
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course of the same value held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.