Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans
- Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans has participated in more than 400 health economic evaluations in over 20 countries across a wide spectrum of therapeutic areas. He has also been involved as expert in a large number of Health Technology Assessments (HTAs) and is actively involved in HTA on a European level.
- A unique profile: academic professor, past-president ISPOR, consultant and former pharma executive.
- Highly respected for his vast international and cross-therapeutic experience, Lieven is a much sought-after advisor and educator to health policy makers and the innovative healthcare industry.
- Author of Health economics for non-economists (Pelckmans Pro, 2018).
- The full meaning of QALYs and ICERs, and how to calculate them.
- Commonly used health economic modelling techniques.
- Key principles of cost analysis and budget impact analysis.
- The 10 guidelines for conducting and reporting health economic evaluations.
- How to assess peer reviewed health economic articles.
- How health economic evaluations are integrated in clinical trial programmes.
- The use of health economic evaluations in pricing & reimbursement decision making.
- The importance of health economic evaluations along the innovation life cycle.
- Face-to-face training by Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans combines very productive learning with great fun!
- Exchange experiences and discuss issues with your peers from other companies, functions, therapy areas and countries.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: This health economics course not only provides you with an explanation of concepts and methods, it also discusses the integration of health economic evaluations in clinical development and brand marketing plans (with practical examples), as well as the perspective of the decision maker - including examples of successful applications of health economic evaluations.
The Expert: Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans not only has a wide international experience in health economic evaluations (over 200 completed projects with over 30 different pharmaceutical or medical device companies) but also built a very strong reputation within the international pharmaco-economic community as a high-impact trainer. Throughout his career, Lieven has worked in pharmaceutical companies, in health care policy environments, in consultancy and in academic positions.
The Health Economics for Non-Health-Economists course is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. Lieven Annemans on the topic of health economics.
What is the difference with the Basics of Health Economics online self-study programme ?
- The 2-day course has more breadth and depth in both theory (lectures) and practice (group work). For instance, the 2-hour module on the “Guidelines for Health Economic Evaluations” is highly valued because of the interactive group work session on a health economic publication.
- In a classroom training, whether face-to-face or virtual, you learn a lot from your industry peers because of the exchange of experiences and ideas and the discussions about issues you face in your function. The (physical) face-to-face version of the 2-day course is obviously most impactful in that respect because the Q&A sessions are very rich and because of the many opportunities for conversations with your peers outside the formal programme.
- Participating in the (physical) face-to-face course gives the opportunity to meet Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans and discuss your own projects/issues with him during the coffee and lunch breaks.
Agenda of the Health Economics for Non-Health-Economists course
The below agenda is for the face-to-face format. The online version of this course will cover the same modules, but the format and timing will be adapted to suit the online training setting.
Timing of the online course on both days will be:
- AM: 10-12 CET
- PM: 13-17 CET
Welcome & General Introduction
Health Economic Evaluations: Why and How
Health Economic Modelling – Commonly Used Models
Cost Analysis and Budget Impact Analysis. Key Principles
Prospective Research for Health Economic Evaluations
Guidelines for Health Economic Evaluations
Use of Health Economic Evaluations in Price & Reimbursement Decision Making
Health Economic Evaluation in a Pharmaceutical Drug’s Life Cycle
Break-Out Session: Developing Together a Health Economic Strategy
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Prof. Lieven Annemans is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussions. In addition, two exercises will be used to help bring theory into practice.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the course title suggests, this course is designed for non-health-economists.
As pharma companies are facing ever-increasing hurdles to optimise market access for their brands, all managers in product development and marketing should attend this course so that they can contribute to a successful integration of health economic evaluations into clinical and brand plans.
While most of the examples and exercises discussed in this course are about pharmaceuticals, this course is equally relevant to, and has always been highly valued by (see testimonials), executives from the medical devices industry.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Medical Director Benelux||ALK||Netherlands|
|Director, Global Public Policy & Affairs||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Sr Medical Director, Regional Medical Affairs Head Immunology, EMEA||Baxalta||Switzerland|
|Head of Health Economics Hospital Care DACH||Baxter||Germany|
|Market Access Manager, Asia Pacific||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Singapore|
|Market Access Manager||Biogen||Ireland|
|Head Market Access & External Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Netherlands|
|Product Manager Immuno-Oncology Switzerland||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Switzerland|
|Manager, Government Relations||Celgene||Belgium|
|Health Outcomes & Pharmacoeconomics Manager||Chiesi||Netherlands|
|Medical Advisor||CSL Behring||Belgium|
|Medical Director, Clinical R&D Gastro||Ferring||Denmark|
|Generics Portfolio & Marketing - Mature & Emerging Markets||Fresenius Kabi||Germany|
|Market Access Manager NL accounts||Genzyme||Netherlands|
|Director Strategic Pricing & Allocations||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Senior Director Commercial Assessment||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Group Therapeutic Area Director||Janssen||Hungary|
|Sr. Principal Product Stewardship, Compliance & EU Packaging||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|RA & Compliance Manager||LEO Pharma||Switzerland|
|EUCAN Customer Engagement / Experience Lead||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Switzerland|
|Market Access Head Franchise Management||Novartis||Germany|
|Sr Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|International Health Policy Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Manager Cardiovascular||Sanofi||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access & Corporate Affaires||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Director, Specialty Life Cycle Initiatives Global Specialty Medicines||Teva||Belgium|
|Director, New Product Planning||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
10-11 December 2020, live online
16-17 March 2021, live online
8-9 June 2021, live online
30 September - 1 October 2021, Brussels or live online
9-10 December 2021, Brussels or live online
All the above courses (except for the online courses) take place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee for the live online course
- Access to an expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course)
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma
- Flexible transfer option
Included in the Registration Fee for the face-to-face course
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
- Flexible Transfer Option
- Optimal Safety: Small Groups and Spacious Seating
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held before 31 December 2021.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.