- Visiting Professor at CEDEP (INSEAD) and co-author of GOOD PHARMA. How Marketing Creates Value in Pharma (Corstjens & Demeire, 2014).
- Contributed to the design of Roche’s and Novartis’ brand planning processes and runs Roche’s courses for marketing and non-marketing audiences worldwide.
- Developed business simulations and decision support tools for the health care industry and trained tens of thousands of executives worldwide on pharma marketing strategy since 1990.
- A process for brand planning that identifies market opportunities and boosts brand performance.
- Analytical tools to discover key leverage points from patient-centric and stakeholder insights.
- Market segmentation: How to determine priority segments for your brand.
- Brand positioning: How to develop a good positioning statement and ensure it is implemented.
- How to make a good SWOT and extract CSFs required for your brand’s success.
- How to design effective and efficient tactical mixes for highly competitive markets (“Red Ocean”).
- How to create a “Blue Ocean” market environment where competition is irrelevant.
- Best practices drawn from pharma and other industry sectors.
- You will be equipped with a set of practical tools and checklists for making and/or improving pharma brand marketing plans.
- You will learn from your peers during group work on the Betaprolol case, developed by Edouard Demeire.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: You will learn how and when to use simple but powerful analytical tools in a well-structured process that culminates in the design of “visionary”, high-impact brand plans with a logic between the final action plan and market dynamics. You will be armed with a box full of handy tools that can be implemented as of first day you return to the office!
The Expert: Edouard forces you to think “out-of-the-box”. He challenges his audience and, while he is an authority in pharma marketing strategy, he also transposes learnings from other industries to stimulate creative thinking. His approach sparks plenty of new ideas!
The Pharma Brand Planning Course is the only available public training course delivered by Edouard Demeire on the topic of brand planning.
Agenda of The Pharma Brand Planning Course
Welcome & General Introduction
Properly Determine and Understand Your Brand’s Market
Segmenting the Market and Prioritizing Segments
Positioning Your Brand
Plenary Case Discussion
Strategies and Tactics in “Red Ocean Markets”
Strategies and Tactics in “Blue Ocean Markets”
Strategies and Tactics “Blue Ocean Markets” – cont’d
Discussion & Closing
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This course uses a variety of learning approaches, including interactive lectures, a case study (Betaprolol case), as well as group work and plenary discussion sessions. Working in groups of 3-5 delegates on the Betaprolol case, developed by Prof. Demeire, will enable you to practice the concepts and tools taught during the interactive lectures that alternate with group work.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
The Pharma Brand Planning Course is highly suitable for marketers early in their career who wish to master the concepts and tools required to generate successful brand marketing plans. It is also beneficial for more experienced managers who want to benchmark and refresh their current practices.
For non-marketers who wish to gain a thorough understanding of pharma marketing, we refer to Edouard Demeire’s 2-day course Pharma Marketing for Non-Marketing Functions.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|International Product Manager||Acino Pharma||Switzerland|
|Associate Director, Global Commercial Insights||Actelion||Switzerland|
|Junior Product Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Belgium|
|Customer Marketing Manager||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Romania|
|Field Product Manager||Celgene||Netherlands|
|New Product Adviser||Chiesi||Italy|
|Global Marketing Lead, Assignment USA||Ferring||USA|
|Portfolio & Marketing Manager - Oncology||Fresenius||Germany|
|Distributor Area Manager / Pharma Export Manager Gulf and Middle East||Galderma||France|
|Chef de Produit||Ipsen||France|
|Global Patient Solution Manger AK||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|Marketing and Strategy||Merck Group||Germany|
|Product Manager Respiratory||Mundipharma||Belgium|
|Pricing Manager||Novartis||Russian Federation|
|Senior Manager, CPMD||Orion||Bangladesh|
|Regional Brand Manager WH/MH Portfolio & Xalabrands, Europe||Pfizer||Turkey|
|Marketing Director Dermatology||Pierre Fabre||Germany|
|Team Manager IT - Global Product Strategy||Roche||Switzerland|
|Brand & Customer Manager||Sanofi||Croatia|
|Sales manager- Ophthalmology portfolio||Santen||Thailand|
|VP Strategic Planning & Commercial Excellence||Shionogi||United Kingdom|
|Business Development Director||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
19-20 November 2019, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.