- As an independent consultant, Kurt advises on commercial and launch excellence, drawing from his +20 years of international experience within big and small pharma/biotech companies.
- Formerly, he was Global Launch Excellence Expert with Trilations, a strategic consultancy.
- Prior to that, Kurt led several major brand launches at MSD (Merck & Co), internationally and across several therapeutic areas.
- A comprehensive overview of the launch process, from discovery/development up to maturity.
- The 4 launch types, and how to select the right launch strategy based on your company/brand’s profile.
- A structured roadmap with steps to plan your full cross-functional launch process.
- The market and customer insights that are crucial for defining the launch strategy and plan.
- How to use the patient journey and leverage points to define and prioritise customer segments.
- How to organise internally in order to be optimally prepared for launch.
- How to define your launch readiness with defined launch milestones.
- Best practices drawn from real-world examples of successful and failed launches.
- You will be able to put theory into practice during group work on real-world case studies.
- You will receive handy take-home templates and models.
- Cross-check your approach and experiences during cross-functional discussions with industry peers.
Why You Should Attend
In the last decade, pharmaceutical companies have seen rapid changes in the market environment for their new brand launches. While austerity measures in many countries are increasing local and national hurdles for market access, drug launches are becoming more numerous, smaller, and more competitive. It has never been more important for pharmaceutical companies to crack the art of launching new products. YOU ONLY CAN DO IT ONCE!
The Content: The course content builds on the expertise and experience that Kurt Arco has accumulated over the last 20 years in advising and implementing major product launches in EMEA across major therapy areas: Oncology (incl. Immunotherapy), Immunology, CNS, CVS, Metabolic Disorders, … . It covers all concepts and evidence-based tools for effective strategic decision-making and planning in the process up to launch, with a focus on what will determine the brand’s commercial success.
The Expert: Kurt Arco has 20 years of international launch experience within big and small pharma/biotech companies. When he was with MSD (Merck & Co), from 2005 to 2015, he led several major product launches in many geographical areas and contributed to, and piloted, major marketing & sales excellence projects. After that he was Global Launch Excellence Expert with Trilations up to end 2021, where he consulted globally for numerous big players in the healthcare industry.
The Strategy & Planning for Commercial Launch Success in Pharma course is the only available public training course delivered by Kurt Arco on the topic of Commercial Launch in Pharma.
Agenda of Strategy & Planning for Commercial Launch Success in Pharma
For start and end times, please check Dates & Locations below.
Welcome & Audience Expectations (~30 min)
Launch Excellence Fundamentals in Pharma: “From one-size-fits-all to a tailored approach” (~1 h)
The Commercial Launch Process: The Road to Success (~1 h 30 min)
Plenary discussion: learning from a launch success and a launch failure within the Oncology market.
The Critical Market Insights to Boost Tomorrow’s Brand Performance (~1 h 15 min)
To illustrate the theory, the business case used in the group exercise hereafter will be used to build the set of critical insights required for the exercise.
Group Exercise on a Launch Business Case (~1 h 15 min)
Using a fictitious business case (based on a recently launched Rx pharmaceutical), delegates will work in groups to analyse and discuss the strategic implications of critical insights in a country, where a recently launched competitor failed in terms of market uptake. The objective of the exercise is to address the Country Manager’s strategic concerns and propose recommendations.
This interactive session includes group presentation and sharing key learnings.
Close of Day 1
Defining the Core Launch Strategy: Segmentation - Targeting - Positioning (~1 h 45 min)
Group Exercise on Segmentation - Targeting - Positioning (~45 min)
Using a business case, participants will need to assess an existing segmentation model, identify areas for improvement, prioritise segments, define an appropriate positioning and design an optimal communication strategy by segment.
Engaging Key Stakeholders for Launch (~1 h)
Preparing the Cross-Functional Launch Team: Organisational Challenges (~1 h)
The Critical Launch-Related Activities: Timelines, Milestones and Best Practice Requirements to Support a Successful Launch (~1 h 15 min)
Wrap-up (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Interactive lectures, which include real-world launch cases in a variety of therapy areas, alternate with group exercises during which you will be able to work on a hypothetical drug launch that runs throughout the different modules.
The group exercises not only enable you to apply the theory and decision-making tools, but also offer the invaluable opportunity to discuss issues and exchange points of view and experiences with your peers from other functions and companies.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
A cross-functional launch team typically consists of executives from Marketing, Sales, Medical, Market Access, External Affairs and Business Intelligence. This course is a must-attend for all members of any cross-functional launch team that needs to launch a brand in the coming 1-3 years. In particular, all executives responsible for building, executing and measuring a launch plan.
As this course is delivered by Kurt Arco, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Senior Manager Late Stage Development||4SC||Germany|
|Head Corporate Marketing||Acino Pharma||Switzerland|
|Senior Medical Science Manager||Actelion||Switzerland|
|Associate Product Manager||Alexion||Australia|
|Product Manager Transplant||Astellas||Netherlands|
|Head of Sales/Marketing Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Switzerland|
|Project Leader Development Projects| Corp. Project + Portfolio Management||Biotest||Germany|
|Sr. Launch Readiness Manager||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|LATAM Regional Manager||Bracco Altana||Switzerland|
|Associate Director, Operations||Diaceutics||United Kingdom|
|Global Strategic Market Intelligence Lead||Ferring||Switzerland|
|Senior Director Alliance Management||Galapagos||Belgium|
|Product Manager Oncology (D-A-CH)||Ipsen||Germany|
|Learning and Development Manager||Janssen||Germany|
|Supply Chain Manager New Product Launch||Johnson & Johnson||Switzerland|
|Global Market Access Lead, Rare Diseases||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|EMAC NPI Launch Lead Acute Care, Regional Portfolio Management Team||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Switzerland|
|Sales Manager /PhDr.||Mundipharma||Slovakia|
|Brand Director Ophthalmology||Novartis||Germany|
|Head, Operations & Executional Excellence, Social Media||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Hungary|
|Manager - Business Information||Novo Nordisk||Germany|
|Global Brand Manager||Orion||Sweden|
|Brand Manager||Oy Verman||Finland|
|Product Manager||Pierre Fabre||Germany|
|Senior Product Manager||Sanofi||Russian Federation|
|Global Commercial Lead||Shire||United States of America|
|Franchise Head CNS||Teva||Germany|
|Launch Solution Lab Lead||UCB||Belgium|
|Marketing Manager||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
All live online CELforPharma courses are hosted in Zoom.
Our face-to-face courses take place at the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport (Da Vincilaan 4, 1831 Brussels), a four-star hotel located 5 minutes from Brussels National Airport and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
3-4 October 2023, face-to-face in BrusselsDay 1: 10:00 - 17:15 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
Day 2: 08:30 - 16:15 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
12-13 December 2023, live onlineDay 1: 10:00 - 16:30 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
Day 2: 09:30 - 16:30 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
Hotel Booking Assistance
As part of our strong relationship with the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport, CELforPharma has secured a discount on the daily room rate for our delegates who book their accommodation via us. Upon your registration, we will assist you to make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Senior Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee - for the live online course
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Included in the Registration Fee - for the face-to-face course
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Group dinner in the evening of Day 1.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card (through a secure payment link, which you will receive together with the invoice).
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course of the same value held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.