Dr. Radek Wasiak and Prof. Dr. Thomas Wilke
- Thought & business leaders at Cytel, a leading provider of design and implementation services in the field of clinical trials and real-world evidence studies.
- As Head of Real World and Advanced Analytics business unit, Radek oversees a team of 180+ staff who design, execute, and disseminate RWE and HEOR projects.
- Thomas has 20+ years of experience in leading and conducting German and international RWE studies. He is Cytel’s Principal Investigator, academic researcher, and author of numerous health economics articles.
- The fundamental concepts and principles for utilising Real World Evidence (RWE) towards optimising Market Access.
- The value RWE adds over Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs) over a product’s entire lifecycle.
- The terminology used within the world of RWE, such as the exact difference between Real World Evidence and Real World Data (RWD).
- Why RWE is important to regulators, payers, physicians and pharma and how to tailor the evidence to their specific needs.
- The common sources of data available for RWE and how to assess the robustness of the data.
- The critical success factors when developing a RWE study.
- New developments in RWE.
- Radek Wasiak and Thomas Wilke are available for Q&A during breaks and after the course so you can discuss challenges you are facing and get advice from experienced RWE experts.
- Real-life case studies will be used to illustrate the theory and in small groups you will put the key learnings into practice on a real-world case study.
Why You Should Attend
RWE is a critical area of expertise in pharmaceutical companies, engaging various functions such as HEOR, Medical Affairs, R&D and Commercial. There are many challenges in the process of successfully implementing RWE. Executives participating in this open-enrolment course will contribute much more effectively in the cross-functional organisation that RWE requires. This course covers the basics required to understand what RWE is, why it is important, who needs/uses it and how you can utilise it effectively to help your role. The content contains the recent developments on RWE, as well as real life case studies on how RWE can be used and potential challenges that can arise.
The Generating RWE for Optimising Market/Patient Access course is the only available public training course delivered by Dr. Radek Wasiak and Prof. Dr. Thomas Wilke on this topic.
Agenda of Generating RWE for Optimising Market/Patient Access
For start and end times, please check Dates & Locations below.
From RCT to RWD and RWE – A Continuum of Evidence (~1 h)
The Role of RWE and Stakeholder Perspectives Throughout the Drug Development Lifecycle (~1 h)
Typology of RWD Sources: Strengths & Weaknesses (~45 min)
Critical Success Factors of a RWE Study (~1 h)
Interactive Group Exercise: How to Build an Effective RWE Generation Plan (~1 h 30 min)
The Next Frontiers: ‘Live RWE’ (~30 min)
Wrap-Up & Closing (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This course is designed to stimulate interaction and optimally engage all participants by asking input prior to the course with a small pre-course questionnaire (by email), polling and Q&A, as well as with an interactive group exercise.
You will not only learn from the experts´ recommendations based on their vast experience in developing RWE research solutions for Market Access, but also from discussing issues and exchanging experiences with your peers from other companies and countries.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by leading experts, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the RWE function is embedded in different departments and evolving at a different pace across the pharmaceutical industry, this course will benefit the many executive profiles who need the basics and need a common understanding in order to work effectively with their experienced colleagues in RWE:
- Executives new to RWE
- Recently appointed members to RWE teams
- Pharma executives not currently working in RWE
- Therapy area leads or brand leads
- Market access leads
- R&D and commercial teams requiring an understanding of RWE
As this course is delivered by Dr. Radek Wasiak and Prof. Dr. Thomas Wilke from Cytel, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
As this is the first session of the Generating RWE for Optimising Market/Patient Access course, there is no past participants list available.
As this is the first session of the Generating RWE for Optimising Market/Patient Access course, there are no testimonials available.
Dates & Locations
Currently this CELforPharma course is planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom).
The start and end times for all below sessions will be: 09:30 - 16:30 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris).
13 June 2023, live online
28 September 2023, live online
29 November 2023, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the experts and CELforPharma.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card (through a secure payment link, which you will receive together with the invoice).
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course of the same value held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.