David Wright & Pijush Bose
- David has advised many top pharma companies on Strategic Account Management projects, is author of an influential report on pharma KAM and has presented/chaired at many international events focused on KAM in pharma.
- Prior to consultancy, Pijush gained 18+ years of experience in Field Force Effectiveness, Strategic Account Management, CRM and Business Analytics at Abbott/AbbVie, leading regional and global initiatives.
- The Inside/Out Model: An organisational approach for effective Strategic Account Management.
- How to engage the organisation to become more strategic account focussed.
- A process that ensures integration of brand and account strategies.
- CSFs, processes, collaboration models and best practices to connect key functions.
- Analytical tools for discovering new growth opportunities within strategic accounts.
- Best practices for determining qualitative and quantitative KPIs.
- A methodology for change management and sustainability.
- The workshop format of this course facilitates optimal peer learning.
- Create your own organisational vision & strategy, based on a best practice template.
- You will gain practice with proven tools and techniques for developing strategic accounts.
Why You Should Attend
KAM in the pharma industry is complex and it is no secret that pharma companies have found it difficult to maintain sustainable success with KAM programmes in increasingly complex healthcare systems with progressively more demanding customers.
The Content: Unlike other KAM courses that focus on managing accounts, this course addresses the higher-level (affiliate, regional or global) strategic decisions and business process designs for sustainable success across the organisation. It also deals with the complexities in moving to a multi-functional approach, encompassing Market Access, Medical Science Liaison, Sales …. This course is rich in critical tools, alongside first-hand experience and real examples, all of which will equip you to dramatically improve the capability of your organisation to manage and grow high value strategic accounts.
The Experts: David and Pijush are a perfect complement of each other. David’s expertise is based on both academic KAM research (incl. significant KAM industry research in pharma) and consulting work for some of the world’s top pharma organisations on multi-country KAM programmes. He has over 20 years’ experience in leading KAM programmes across multiple complex and highly regulated sectors that include Pharma, Aerospace, IT, Utilities and Automotive. David has both chaired and presented at international KAM conferences. Pijush brings a lot of real-life pharma company experience to the course: prior to consultancy, he gained 18+ years of experience in Field Force Effectiveness, Strategic Account Management, CRM and Business Analytics at Abbott/AbbVie, leading regional and global initiatives.
Strategic Account Management in Pharma is the only available public training course delivered by David Wright and Pijush Bose on this topic.
Agenda of the Strategic Account Management in Pharma course
Day 1 – Strategic Decisions
Welcome & Audience Expectations
KAM Fundamentals & Challenges in Pharma
Plenary discussion: KAM challenges in pharma – Why is implementation and sustainability difficult?
The KAM Inside/Out Framework for Driving KAM Excellence
(The modules in the rest of the training will focus on the most critical steps of this 8-level model)
Developing a Powerful Vision & Strategy for Leadership
Individual exercise: Delegates will be given the opportunity to think about developing a vision & strategy for their own organisation, using the templates, tools & techniques taught during the theoretical lectures
Ensuring Strategic Account Prioritisation Across the Organisation
Collaboration & Engagement Models for Strategic Accounts
Critical Competencies to Support KAM
Summary Review and Q&A
Close of Day 1
Day 2 - Critical Processes & Implementation
Refresh of day 1 and Q&A
Effectively Dealing with Strategic Account Data in Pharma
Pharma Account Analysis and Setting Direction
Group Exercise on Account Analysis
Utilising case-study-data, delegates get to experience key processes and useful analytical tools for building opportunities and increasing the innovation of in-field individuals or team
Focussing on Triple-win Opportunities
Best Practice in Account & Stakeholder Engagement Planning
Change Management and Sustainability
Group Exercise on Change Management and Sustainability
|Using a quick-fire business game, delegates will compete in teams to identify organisational and/or account KPIs that would indicate a good sense of success within a KAM Excellence Programme|
Course Review and Q&A
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This training programme is built around an 8-level model, which you can use afterwards in your company. Individual sessions either focus on the theory behind a critical step in the model or are exercises during which you can practice the tools & techniques.
Based on strong external benchmarks on what constitutes best practice, David and Pijush will help you evaluate your company’s practice, gaps and strengths.
And last but not least, as many sessions combine interactive lectures with group discussion, this course will be a great opportunity for you to exchange experiences and learn from your peers.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by leading experts, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The maximum audience size of this course is 12 participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This high-level pharma KAM course is primarily aimed at the Leadership Team, Commercial Excellence Executives, Business Unit Heads, Learning & Development Heads, as well as Functional Heads (Medical, Market Access, Sales, etc.) with responsibility for:
- Advising, running or implementing KAM programmes
- Getting an existing KAM programme back on track
- Moving to a multi-functional in-field organisation as part of their go-to-market model
As this course is delivered by David Wright and Pijush Bose from Imonic, a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 43).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Customer Excellence Manager||AbbVie||Poland|
|Strategy & Operations / Account Lead Oncology||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Germany|
|Business Unit Director Spain & Portugal - Oncology||Eisai||Spain|
|Global Trade Effectiveness Lead||Sanofi||Belgium|
|EUCAN Lead Customer Strategy & Solutions||Takeda||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
All C.E.L.forpharma courses are held in top-class four or five star hotels situated in easily accessible locations, either close to an international airport or near public transportation links in city centre locations.
13-14 November 2019, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.