Dr. Neal Hansen
- Europe’s most authoritative expert on lifecycle management strategies in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Leading consultant for superior decision making in LCM and brand strategy.
- A world-class speaker and trainer!
- Co-author of Pharmaceutical Lifecycle Management – Making the Most of Each and Every Brand (Wiley & Sons, 2012).
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Understand product maturity and be prepared for what happens at patent expiry.
- Know which drivers of differentiation can be used in a seemingly undifferentiated world.
- Learn where, when and how to compete in a generic world using pricing and contracting strategies, authorised and own generic strategies, Rx to OTC switching strategies, etc.
- Learn how to select the best tactics for your brand(s).
- Be able to take portfolio management decisions at late stage.
- Know how to build winning organisations in late stage LCM.
- Gain insights from real world LCM case studies and benefit from Neal’s insightful recommendations based on his unique background as a senior consultant in working on LCM solutions for many pharma companies.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: This is the only public course entirely focused on LCM in the later stages of a pharmaceutical's lifecycle. The content is based on the expertise Dr. Neal Hansen built through his numerous consulting assignments for pharma companies in the area of LCM, which culminated in a book he co-authored with Dr Tony Ellery (ex-Novartis): Pharmaceutical Lifecycle Management - Making the Most of Each and Every Brand published by Wiley and Sons in mid-2012. Neal enriches his course with insightful recommendations he has drawn from working on pharma LCM solutions, in a format that fosters interaction and learning.
The Expert: Not only is Dr. Neal Hansen highly knowledgeable about pharma LCM, he is also a talented speaker – very lively and passionate about this subject. He has worked globally with senior executives in the pharma industry across therapeutic areas and is very knowledgeable about realities in the national markets.
The Late Stage Pharma Lifecycle Management course is the only available public training course delivered by Dr. Neal Hansen on the topic of lifecycle management.
Day 1 – Managing Patent Expiry
Introduction & Scope of the Day
Understanding Product Maturity – What Happens at Patent Expiry?
Breakout Exercise – Predicting Life After Patent Expiry
Preparing for Patent Expiry - Differentiating in an Undifferentiated World
Breakout Exercise – Assessing Preparedness for Patent Expiry
Commercial Success – Where, When and How to Compete in a Generic World
Final Discussion & Closing of Day 1
Day 2 - Organising for Success and Winning with Established Brands
Organising for Success – The Right Process, the Right People
Beyond Patent Expiry – Managing Established Brands
Breakout Exercise – Portfolio Management for Established Brands
Priority Established Brands – How Can you Drive Growth?
The Future for Late Stage Lifecycle Management
Neal is not only an insightful and inspirational speaker but also actively engages delegates in interactive discussions. His interactive lectures alternate with group work exercises during which delegates can reflect on the theory and practise decision support techniques.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
Brand Managers and their managers, as well as managers in related planning and intelligence functions dealing with mature brands.
As this course is delivered by Neal Hansen, Founder & Managing Director of Align Strategy - an independent international consulting business focused on advising and facilitating superior decision making in lifecycle management and brand strategy, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Director, Global Commercial Strategy||Abbvie||USA|
|Associate Director Marketing Europe, Canada, Latin-America, Africa Partnership||Actelion||Switzerland|
|Project Manager Mature Products||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Belgium|
|Associated Director Manufacturing Science||Biogen||Germany|
|International Product Manager||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Senior Manager Medical Affairs MDS||Celgene||Switzerland|
|Portfolio & Marketing Manager - Oncology||Fresenius||Germany|
|Established Brand Manager||Janssen||Sweden|
|Head of Commercial Innovation||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|Late Life Cycle Leader ACE||Lilly||Italy|
|Responsabile Medico Marketing||Menarini||Italy|
|Nordic Franchise Business Leader||Merck Group||Denmark|
|Regional Marketing Lead||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Switzerland|
|Global Brand Manager||Merz||Germany|
|Market Access/KAM Strategic Planning Manager||Novartis||Belgium|
|Senior Global Project Manager - Life Cycle Management||Novo Nordisk||Denmark|
|Business Developpment Marketing Manager||Roche||France|
|Global Product Planning Management||Sanofi||France|
|International Marketing Director||Shire||Switzerland|
|Global Brand Director||Swedish Orphan Biovitrum||Sweden|
|Head of Established Brands Business||Teva||Russian Federation|
|Ass Director, Commercial Support & Industrialization||UCB||Belgium|
|Marketing Director||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
19-20 April 2018, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
15-16 November 2018, Brussels
This course takes place at the Parker Hotel Brussels Airport which is located 5 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Bessenveldstraat 15, 1831 Diegem, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 713 66 66
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 1 week prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Cancelling 5 weeks or more prior to the course: cancellation fee of €250.
- Cancelling 4 to 3 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Cancelling 14 to 7 working days prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 7 working days or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for paid registration fees.