Dr. Neal Hansen
- Dr. Neal Hansen is Europe’s most authoritative expert on lifecycle management strategies in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Founder and CEO of Align Strategy, an independent international consulting business focused on advising and facilitating superior decision making in LCM and brand strategy.
- Co-author of Pharmaceutical Lifecycle Management – Making the Most of Each and Every Brand (Wiley & Sons, 2012).
- What happens to drugs approaching patent expiry, and the options for competing thereafter.
- Pros & cons of all LCM strategies: Product enhancement, pricing and contracting strategies, authorised and own generic strategies, Rx to OTC switching strategies…
- Creative solutions to prolong the competitiveness and profitability of your brands.
- The right timing and planning process for preparing a brand’s loss of exclusivity.
- The roles of global/regional/local functions in successful LCM.
- How to prioritise and manage a portfolio of established brands.
- Lessons from successes and failures from real-world pharma cases.
- This course format stimulates intense interaction with your peers who deal with mature brands and loss of exclusivity issues.
- A unique opportunity to learn from and discuss your own case with pharma’s leading LCM expert, which Neal truly is!
Why You Should Attend
The Content: This is the only public course entirely focused on LCM in the later stages of a pharmaceutical's lifecycle. The content is based on the expertise Dr. Neal Hansen built through his numerous consulting assignments for pharma companies in the area of LCM, which culminated in a book he co-authored with Dr Tony Ellery (ex-Novartis): Pharmaceutical Lifecycle Management - Making the Most of Each and Every Brand published by Wiley and Sons in mid-2012. Neal enriches his course with insightful recommendations he has drawn from working on pharma LCM solutions, in a format that fosters interaction and learning.
The Expert: Not only is Dr. Neal Hansen highly knowledgeable about pharma LCM, he is also a talented speaker – very lively and passionate about this subject. He has worked globally with senior executives in the pharma industry across therapeutic areas and geographical markets.
The Late Stage Pharma Lifecycle Management course is the only available public training course delivered by Dr. Neal Hansen on the topic of lifecycle management.
Agenda of the Late Stage Pharma Lifecycle Management course
Introduction & Scope of the Day
Understanding Product Maturity – What Happens at Patent Expiry?
Breakout Exercise – Predicting Life After Patent Expiry
Organising for Success – The Right Process, the Right People
Preparing for Loss of Exclusivity
Beyond Patent Expiry – Managing a Portfolio of Established Brands
Breakout Exercise – Managing a Portfolio of Established Brands
Final Discussions & Close of Day 1
Introducing the Product – Solution – Value – Asset Framework for Lifecycle Optimisation
Differentiating in an Undifferentiated World
Breakout Exercise – Assessing an LCM Plan
Cost Optimisation in the Late Lifecycle
Solution & Value Optimisation in the Late Lifecycle
Asset Optimisation Strategies
Group Exercise – Commercial LLC Planning
The Future for Late Stage Lifecycle Management
End of Course
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Neal is not only an insightful and inspirational speaker but also actively engages delegates in interactive discussions. His interactive lectures alternate with group work exercises during which delegates can reflect on the theory and practice decision support techniques.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
Brand Managers and their managers, as well as managers in related planning and intelligence functions dealing with mature brands.
As this course is delivered by Neal Hansen, Founder & Managing Director of Align Strategy, an independent international consulting business focused on advising and facilitating superior decision making in lifecycle management and brand strategy, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Director, Global Commercial Strategy||Abbvie||USA|
|Associate Director Marketing Europe, Canada, Latin-America, Africa Partnership||Actelion||Switzerland|
|Project Manager Mature Products||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Belgium|
|Associated Director Manufacturing Science||Biogen||Germany|
|International Product Manager||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Senior Manager Medical Affairs MDS||Celgene||Switzerland|
|Portfolio & Marketing Manager - Oncology||Fresenius||Germany|
|Established Brand Manager||Janssen||Sweden|
|Head of Commercial Innovation||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|Late Life Cycle Leader ACE||Lilly||Italy|
|Responsabile Medico Marketing||Menarini||Italy|
|Nordic Franchise Business Leader||Merck Group||Denmark|
|Regional Marketing Lead||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Switzerland|
|Global Brand Manager||Merz||Germany|
|Market Access/KAM Strategic Planning Manager||Novartis||Belgium|
|Senior Global Project Manager - Life Cycle Management||Novo Nordisk||Denmark|
|Business Developpment Marketing Manager||Roche||France|
|Global Product Planning Management||Sanofi||France|
|International Marketing Director||Shire||Switzerland|
|Global Brand Director||Swedish Orphan Biovitrum||Sweden|
|Head of Established Brands Business||Teva||Russian Federation|
|Ass Director, Commercial Support & Industrialization||UCB||Belgium|
|Marketing Director||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
Our face-to-face courses take place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel (Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium), a top-class business hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
15-16 November 2022, face-to-face in Brussels
1-2 June 2023, face-to-face in Brussels
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Group dinner in the evening of Day 1.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.