Maaike Addicks, MD
- Physician with over 15 years of experience in Medical Affairs in mid-size and big pharma, in both headquarters and national affiliates, across a wide spectrum of therapeutic areas.
- Maaike has 10 years of experience in managing Medical Managers, Medical Advisors and MSLs, with both hands-on and strategic experience in Medical Affairs.
- Experienced in Medical Affairs Development, as well as Change Management in different companies.
- Led the development of the Medical Affairs Competency Matrix for the Dutch Association of Pharmaceutical Medicine.
- To understand the full impact of the MSL role on the success of a pharmaceutical company.
- How you, as an MSL, add the greatest value and how to increase this value.
- The structure and purpose of a Medical Plan, and how you can contribute to it.
- How to perform a SWOT analysis and how to use the outcome to determine your plan.
- How to identify and map KOLs, how to structure your KOL plan and determine the optimal tactical mix, and how to build relationships based on mutual benefits.
- How to optimally plan and implement tactics: Advisory Boards, scientific interchange, CME, etc.
- How to optimally contribute to team performance and how to align your activities cross-functionally.
- Share best practices and discuss issues with MSLs from other companies.
- Discussions will help you formulate the added value and the role of the MSL in your individual situation.
- Put the learnings into practice immediately through handy checklists and decision-support tools (e.g. Confrontation Matrix, Advisory Board Checklist, Medical Plan PowerPoint template, KOL planning Excel template).
Why You Should Take This Online Course
While the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) function is relatively new in the pharma industry, its role has become even more important during COVID-times, and that will remain so in the future. Therefore, all MSLs absolutely need to acquire critical business acumen competencies as early as possible in their career.
The impact of MSLs is potentially huge because they act at the forefront of the customer engagement process, at a very high and scientific level. However, to be impactful and make the difference, MSLs must understand how their role fits into the bigger picture and how to work effectively with the other roles in the company. They should know how to plan and implement tactics such that they optimally contribute to the success of a pharma company in its therapeutic markets. The successful MSL understands his/her internal and external stakeholders thoroughly, appreciates what drives them and knows how to add value.
The Content: This online course not only provides you with the theoretical insights to understand how to achieve the highest impact as an MSL, it is also very practical and hands-on: it dives deeply into the critical success factors and dos & don’ts of MSL tactics, and discusses common issues such as compliance and teamwork. The content equips MSLs with concepts and tools to pro-actively plan the most impactful MSL tactics, to effectively implement them, and to work synergistically within teams.
The Expert: Maaike Addicks is a physician with over 15 years of experience in the field of Medical Affairs, having fulfilled many different roles within Medical Affairs departments, both on a local and international level. As a former leader in the Medical Department, she is very familiar with the expectations and challenges of MSLs, the issues they encounter and how to address them. Maaike is a passionate trainer, an excellent moderator and strongly believes in using interaction to increase knowledge and skills.
The Business Acumen for Medical Science Liaisons course is the only available online course delivered by Maaike Addicks on this topic.
Agenda of the ONLINE Business Acumen for MSLs course
Tuesday: 14.00-17.00 CET
Adding Value With Your Unique MSL Role
Wednesday: 14.00-17.00 CET
Thursday: 14.00-17.00 CET
KOL Planning & Engagement
Friday: 14.00-17.00 CET
Medical Affairs Tactics: Scientific Exchange, Advisory Boards and CME
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Maaike is a passionate trainer with a strong preference for interactive learning styles. Her course includes group exercises and discussions, polls, pre- and post-reads, and plenary discussion sessions which are designed to enable participants to not only apply the theory but also effectively learn from each other.
Real life examples from the Medical Affairs point of view will be used and discussed, and tools will be provided so that delegates can use the acquired new skills and knowledge in their daily job.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 12 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This is the perfect course for all new Medical Science Liaisons and those with some years of experience (0-5 yrs).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending the face-to-face course.
|Sr. Director Medical Affairs EMEA||Abbott||Belgium|
|Medical Science Liaison||AbbVie||The Netherlands|
|Teamlead Medical Science Liaison Dermatology||AbbVie||Germany|
|Medical Science Liaison Manager Neurology||Alexion Pharma||Germany|
|Medical Science Liaison||Alexion Pharma||Germany|
|Medical Science Liaison Manager||Almirall||United Kingdom|
|Medical Science Liaison||Astellas||Greece|
|Medical Science Liaison||Daiichi Sankyo||United Kingdom|
|Corporate Medical Affairs||Dr. Schär||Italy|
|International MSL Associate Director||Ipsen Pharma||France|
|International MSL Director||Ipsen Pharma||France|
|Medical Science Liaison Thrombosis Benelux||LEO Pharma||Belgium|
|Medical Science Liaison||Medis||Croatia|
|Global MSL Excellence Manager||Merck||Germany|
|Director Medical Affairs||MorphoSys AG||Germany|
|Business Operations Lead Oncology EUCAN||MSD||United Kingdom|
|Medical Science Liaison||Novartis||The Netherlands|
|Senior Medical Manager - Insulins||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|Clinical Science Manager||ONO Pharma UK||United Kingdom|
|Medical Science Liaison||Santen||United Kingdom|
|Medical Science Liaison||Santen||United Kingdom|
|Postdoctoral Research Associate||University of Liverpool||United Kingdom|
|Medical Advisor||Vifor Pharma||Belgium|
|Medical Science Liaison||Vifor Pharma||Austria|
Some Recent Testimonials From The F2F course
“Very detailed course about all aspects of the MSL profile. The course provided a lot of tips & tricks that I can use in my daily activities.”
Deborah Custers, Medical Science Liaison - Belgium - November 2019
“Great course for MSLs starting in this role. Ideal to share best practices.”
Ingrid Van Steenberge, Medical Scientific Relations Manager - Belgium - November 2019
“This course is really suitable for anyone interested in becoming an MSL. It breaks down the MSL role in the broadest sense possible.”
Ali Amghar, Pharmaceutical Quality Officer Junior - The Netherlands - October 2019
“This was my first and I am sure not the last course I want to do with you. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and all your patience.”
Ana Laura Matos, Medical Advisor Oncology - Denmark - October 2019
“Great course! Lots of practical tools for daily business improvement.”
Martina Heidemann, Medical Science Liaison - Switzerland - October 2019
7-10 July, 2020
8-11 September, 2020
Included in the Registration Fee
- Digital Course Material
- MSL tools: Confrontation Matrix, Advisory Board Checklist, Medical Plan PowerPoint template, KOL planning Excel template
- Recorded playback of the session available upon request
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
- Maaike is available for Q&A via email after completion of the course
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held before 31 December 2021.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.