- Leading international consultant in pharmaceutical Medical Affairs who has worked with MA teams across the globe.
- Chris’ professional roles have included Managing Director at Choice Healthcare Solutions, Head of Strategy for the Choice Group, and Founder & MD of one of the UK’s first specialist medical communications agencies. Currently, he is Managing Partner at Havas Life Medicom UK.
- Devised MA strategies and implemented programmes to support more than 50 medical brands on behalf of the world’s leading pharma companies.
- Medical Affairs’ co-leadership role in cross-functional pharma organisations.
- How to create, measure and demonstrate VALUE in the Medical Affairs (MA) function.
- How medical insights contribute to brand development strategy and a brand’s success in the market.
- How to design a Strategic MA Plan that aligns with a company’s strategic goals.
- Tips and tricks for Medical Affairs tactics to communicate and engage with physicians, patients and payers.
- What MA needs to know about pharmaco-economics and Market Access.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills in the MA function.
- This course is a unique opportunity for Medical Affairs executives from different companies to discuss the issues and challenges they face within their own companies.
- The exercises in this course can easily be replicated in your own company with your own team(s).
Why You Should Attend
In the past, pharma companies were largely fuelled by their own R&D departments developing small-molecule solutions to large patient populations. In that era, sales and marketing took the lead and scientific concerns were very much secondary to promotion. Medical affairs departments were often a back-office service that made sure the marketing heroes did not let their exuberance for the brand take them too far.
The Content: Modern Pharma is now facing a new multi-stakeholder and digitalised environment governed by market access hurdles, where the word value influences everything we do. In this new environment, medical affairs departments play a critical role in paving the way for a brand’s commercial success. Hence this course addresses the need for pharma companies to equip their medical affairs departments with new competencies.
The Expert: Chris Toller, a physician by education, built a career that has enabled him to work with medical affairs teams all over the world and in just about every therapy area. He has discovered what distinguishes a successful medical affairs executive from the average performer. Apart from being a creative strategic thinker, Chris is an excellent communicator and an inspirational presenter.
Medical Affairs for Modern Pharma is the only available public training course delivered by Chris Toller on this topic.
Agenda of the Medical Affairs for Modern Pharma course
Important: all hours are noted in CET/Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Short breaks will be offered throughout the day.
Day 1 – Data, Insight & Communication
Welcome & Introduction (~30 min)
The Evolving Role of Medical Affairs in Modern Pharma (~15 min)
Insight – The Currency of Medical Affairs (~1 h 15 min)
Big Data and Real World Evidence (~45 min)
How Can Medical Insight Contribute to Brand Development? (~1 h)
Scientific Messaging (~30 min)
Communications with HCPs (~45 min)
Group Exercise – Medical Affairs Insights & Brand Strategy (~1 h)
Day 2 - Strategic Challenges & Leadership
Patients and Patient Centricity (~45 min)
Digital Communications (~45 min)
What Medical Affairs Needs to Know About Pharmacoeconomics and Market Access (~1 h 30 min)
Group Exercise: Defining the Role of Medical Affairs (~45 min)
Group Exercise: Demonstrating the Value of Medical Affairs (~45 min)
Strategy and Leadership in Medical Affairs (~30 min)
Defining and Implementing a Vision for Medical Affairs (~45 min)
Course review and summary (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Chris Toller has a reputation as an excellent communicator and an inspirational presenter. You can thus expect his course to be very dynamic and lively, with interactive lectures alternating with group work and plenary discussion sessions.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
- As the impact of medical affairs activities on the commercial success of new pharmaceuticals has increased dramatically, all medical affairs executives will benefit from this course.
- This course is particularly suitable for medical affairs executives involved in preparing the market for a new pharmaceutical during the pre-launch phase, as well as new executives in medical affairs departments.
- Suppliers of professional services to the medical affairs departments in the healthcare industry who need to understand how their capabilities can better address the new challenges for pharmaceutical medical affairs.
As this course is delivered by Chris Toller, a leading international consultant in pharmaceutical medical affairs, other professional service executives should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Medical Advisor Immunology||AbbVie||Romania|
|Senior Clinical Scientist||Ablynx||Belgium|
|Medical Science Liaison/Diagnostics Specialist PNH||Alexion||Belgium|
|Senior Global Medical Affairs Manager||ALK||Denmark|
|Medical Affairs Lead||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Medical Affairs Director Rx||Galderma||France|
|Project Manager Medical Affairs||Genzyme||Netherlands|
|Medical Excellence Manager||Genzyme||Germany|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Grünenthal||Spain|
|Medical Affairs Professional||Lilly||United Kingdom|
|Global Medical Affairs Director||Merck Group||Austria|
|Medical Scientific Liaison||Pierre Fabre||Poland|
|Head of Management Office – Diabetes and Cardiovascular Medical Affairs||Sanofi||France|
|Senior Manager, Medical Affairs||Sanofi-Pasteur MSD||France|
|NHS Doctor||St Georges Hospital NHS Trust||United Kingdom|
|Clinical Research Associate||Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research||Switzerland|
|Sr. Program Manager, Global Medical Affairs||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Tillotts Pharma||Switzerland|
|Director, New Product Planning||UCB||Belgium|
|Medical Analyst||Veeva Systems||Germany|
Dates & Locations
All CELforPharma courses are held live online (hosted in Zoom) or in top-class four or five star hotels situated in easily accessible locations, either close to an international airport or near public transportation links in city centre locations.
28-29 September 2021, live online
7-8 December 2021, live online
17-18 March 2022, live online
30 June - 1 July 2022, Brussels (Hotel to be confirmed)
13-14 October 2022, live online
22-23 November 2022, Brussels (Hotel to be confirmed)
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Course Administrator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee - for the live online course
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Included in the Registration Fee - for the face-to-face course
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.