Dr. Nick Proctor
- Senior consultant to the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years, most recently as a Partner with Access Infinity. Over the past 15 years, he has led pricing, reimbursement and access projects for the majority of the world’s top pharmaceutical brands and manufacturers.
- Nick has a strong background in pricing, evidence synthesis, health economics and outcomes research, as well as experience of working with payers in all major developed and emerging international health markets.
- What market access means to the pharmaceutical industry and how to differentiate the different categories of payers.
- The patterns of healthcare and pricing & reimbursement systems and the different payer archetypes across Europe.
- Understand payers in Europe: Their drivers, their perspectives and decision-making processes.
- The market access plan and process, from before phase II up to launch, including strategies and tactics.
- Different types of Managed Entry Agreements that are used by payers and pharma to mitigate risk.
- How internal stakeholders (e.g. Medical Affairs, Clinical, Marketing, Health Outcomes…) should contribute for optimal results.
- Receive clear schematic overviews of the market access systems in Europe’s major markets as a resource to reference in your daily work.
- Dr. Nick Proctor is available for Q&A during breaks and after the course so you can discuss challenges you are facing and get advice from a sought-after market access expert.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: Throughout the industry, optimising market access is often viewed as a responsibility of the market access departments alone, while in fact the optimal outcome will depend on a cross-functional effort as of phase II. That is why it is absolutely necessary that internal stakeholders in non-market access functions grasp the fundamentals and understand how their function, and in particular their decisions related to pharmaceutical compounds and brands, impact on payer decision making.
The Expert: Nick Proctor is passionate about instilling actionable payer understanding throughout the industry, so expect a true expert who will try to make you think from a payer’s perspective and get you to “see” the patterns in Europe’s complex landscape. Nick has advised multiple companies on market access and pricing strategies at global and local levels.
The Understanding Pharma Market Access & Payers in Europe course is the only available public training course delivered by Nick Proctor on the topic of market access.
Agenda of the Understanding Pharma Market Access & Payers in Europe course
For start and end times, please check Dates & Locations below.
Welcome & Introductions (~30 min)
Demystifying Market Access (~1 h)
Understanding Payer Archetypes (~2 h)
France & Germany (~1 h 15 min)
Italy & Spain (~45 min)
UK (~30 min)
A Cross-functional Process for Optimal Access (~45 min)
Final Q&A (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Nick has been on CELforPharma’s faculty, teaching about market access principles since 2015. He is a very passionate trainer, actively engaging participants in discussions, and very experienced in leading interactive sessions. In addition, Nick’s practical experience will be used to illustrate key parts of the theory.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
All executives in functions that contribute to market access optimisation of New Chemical Entities/innovator drugs, in particular:
- Medical Affairs
- Clinical Development
- Health Outcomes
Obviously, all in-country market access executives moving to an international role will greatly benefit from participating.
As this course is delivered by Nick Proctor, Director with Access Infinity, a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|International Lead for Rheumatoid Arthritis - Health Economics and Outcomes Research||Abbvie||USA|
|Marketing EMEA, Associate Director||Alexion||Switzerland|
|Global Market Access Manager||ALK||Denmark|
|Senior Project Manager - Global Value, Access & Policy - Strategic Planning & Operations||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Commercial Area Manager Asia, Middle East & Africa||AOP Orphan||United Arab Emirates|
|Head of Strategy Immunology Benelux||Baxalta||Netherlands|
|Senior Product Manager Oncology||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Manager EU Government Affairs||Biogen||Belgium|
|Pricing and Health Economics Specialist||Boehringer Ingelheim||Poland|
|Director Customer Insight & Analytics Europe||Bristol-Myers Squibb||France|
|Director Health Care Policy & External Affairs (CEU)||CSL Behring||Germany|
|Business Intelligence Manager - EPBU||Eisai||United Kingdom|
|Market Intelligence Analyst||Fresenius||France|
|Director Medical Affairs EMEA MS||Genzyme||USA|
|Senior Admin Assistant||Gilead||United Kingdom|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Director, Global Market Access||Janssen||USA|
|Global Patient Access Manager - CoE Value & Access||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|New Product Planning and Payor Strategy Manager||Lilly||Spain|
|Market Development Manager Diabetes CEE||Medtronic||Switzerland|
|Global Pricing Manager | Global Market Access & Pricing | General Medicine and Endocrinology||Merck Group||Germany|
|Market Access Early Products Manager||Novartis||France|
|Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|Senior European Brand Manager- Antiinfectives | European Specialty Asset Team||Pfizer||France|
|International Health Policy Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|International Marketing Lead||Shire||Belgium|
|Project Coordinator and Business Intelligence Manager||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Market Access Lead OncoCare & Womens Health Europe||Teva||Netherlands|
Dates & Locations
All live online CELforPharma courses are hosted in Zoom.
Our face-to-face courses take place at the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport (Da Vincilaan 4, 1831 Brussels), a four-star hotel located 5 minutes from Brussels National Airport and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
14 June 2023, live online09:00 - 17:00 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
29 September 2023, face-to-face in Brussels09:30 - 17:30 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
6 December 2023, live online09:00 - 17:00 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris)
Hotel Booking Assistance
As part of our strong relationship with the Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport, CELforPharma has secured a discount on the daily room rate for our delegates who book their accommodation via us. Upon your registration, we will assist you to make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee - for the live online course
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Included in the Registration Fee - for the face-to-face course
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card (through a secure payment link, which you will receive together with the invoice).
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course of the same value held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.