Dr. Nick Proctor
- Senior consultant to the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years, most recently as a Director with Access Infinity. Over the past 15 years, he has led pricing, reimbursement and access projects for the majority of the world’s top pharmaceutical brands and manufacturers.
- Nick has a strong background in pricing, evidence synthesis, health economics and outcomes research, as well as experience of working with payers in all major developed and emerging international health markets.
- What market access means to the pharmaceutical industry and how to differentiate the different categories of payers.
- The patterns of healthcare and pricing & reimbursement systems and the different payer archetypes across Europe.
- The difference between hospital and retail/primary care decision making.
- Understand payers in Europe: Their drivers, their perspectives and decision-making processes.
- The market access plan and process, from before phase II up to launch, including strategies and tactics.
- How internal stakeholders (e.g. Medical Affairs, Clinical, Marketing, Health Outcomes…) should contribute for optimal results.
- Receive clear schematic overviews of the market access systems in Europe’s major markets as a resource to reference in your daily work.
- Dr. Nick Proctor is available for Q&A during breaks and after the course so you can discuss challenges you are facing and get advice from a sought-after market access expert.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: Throughout the industry, optimising market access is often viewed as a responsibility of the market access departments alone, while in fact the optimal outcome will depend on a cross-functional effort as of phase II. That is why it is absolutely necessary that internal stakeholders in non-market access functions grasp the fundamentals and understand how their function, and in particular their decisions related to pharmaceutical compounds and brands, impact on payer decision making.
The Expert: Nick Proctor is passionate about instilling actionable payer understanding throughout the industry, so expect a true expert who will try to make you think from a payer’s perspective and get you to “see” the patterns in Europe’s complex landscape. Nick has advised multiple companies on market access and pricing strategies at global and local levels.
The Understanding Market Access & Payers in Europe course is the only available public training course delivered by Nick Proctor on the topic of market access.
Agenda of the Understanding Market Access & Payers in Europe course
Starting at 10 AM (CET), this 1-day online formal programme covers a whole day, with a 45 min lunch break at noon and several shorter breaks at the discretion of the expert.
|To facilitate interaction from the start, all participants will introduce themselves and the expert will moderate a discussion about objectives and backgrounds. To that end, a pre-course questionnaire will be sent to all delegates.|
Demystifying Market Access
Understanding Payer Archetypes
Understanding Payer Archetypes (cont’d)
France & Germany
Italy & Spain
|15:00||Coffee and Discussion|
A Cross-functional Process for Optimal Access
Review & Discussion
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Nick has been on CELforPharma’s faculty, teaching about market access principles since 2015. He is a very passionate trainer, actively engaging participants in discussions, and very experienced in leading interactive sessions. In addition, Nick’s practical experience will be used to illustrate key parts of the theory.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
All executives in functions that contribute to market access optimisation, in particular:
- Medical Affairs
- Clinical Development
- Health Outcomes
Obviously, all in-country market access executives moving to an international role will greatly benefit from participating.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|International Lead for Rheumatoid Arthritis - Health Economics and Outcomes Research||Abbvie||USA|
|Marketing EMEA, Associate Director||Alexion||Switzerland|
|Global Market Access Manager||ALK||Denmark|
|Senior Project Manager - Global Value, Access & Policy - Strategic Planning & Operations||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Commercial Area Manager Asia, Middle East & Africa||AOP Orphan||United Arab Emirates|
|Head of Strategy Immunology Benelux||Baxalta||Netherlands|
|Senior Product Manager Oncology||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Manager EU Government Affairs||Biogen||Belgium|
|Pricing and Health Economics Specialist||Boehringer Ingelheim||Poland|
|Director Customer Insight & Analytics Europe||Bristol-Myers Squibb||France|
|Director Health Care Policy & External Affairs (CEU)||CSL Behring||Germany|
|Business Intelligence Manager - EPBU||Eisai||United Kingdom|
|Market Intelligence Analyst||Fresenius||France|
|Director Medical Affairs EMEA MS||Genzyme||USA|
|Senior Admin Assistant||Gilead||United Kingdom|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Director, Global Market Access||Janssen||USA|
|Global Patient Access Manager - CoE Value & Access||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|New Product Planning and Payor Strategy Manager||Lilly||Spain|
|Market Development Manager Diabetes CEE||Medtronic||Switzerland|
|Global Pricing Manager | Global Market Access & Pricing | General Medicine and Endocrinology||Merck Group||Germany|
|Market Access Early Products Manager||Novartis||France|
|Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|Senior European Brand Manager- Antiinfectives | European Specialty Asset Team||Pfizer||France|
|International Health Policy Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|International Marketing Lead||Shire||Belgium|
|Project Coordinator and Business Intelligence Manager||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Market Access Lead OncoCare & Womens Health Europe||Teva||Netherlands|
Dates & Locations
8 December 2020, live online
9 February 2021, live online
8 June 2021, live online
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to an expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course)
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held before 31 December 2021.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.