Dr. Nick Proctor & Mark Silvey
- Senior consultants with the Adelphi Group, a group of specialist companies that uniquely embraces all the disciplines that integrate into Market Access.
- This expert faculty combines a unique blend of expertise and experience of all strategically vital aspects in Market Access optimisation.
- What Market Access means to the industry and the different categories of payers.
- The Market Access systems in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK, and how to compare differences across the EU.
- The difference between hospital and retail/primary care decision making.
- Understand payers: Their drivers, their perspectives and decision-making processes.
- How to develop a Market Access Plan, from pre-phase II up to launch, including strategies and tactics.
- How to communicate value in your product story.
- How to optimise the Value Dossier to address various stakeholder needs.
- Receive clear schematic overviews of the EU5 national Market Access systems as a resource to reference in your daily work.
- Theoretical concepts and frameworks are put into practice through real world exercises that prompt thought processes and discussions.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: In this programme, in addition to providing you with a thorough understanding of market access concepts and tools and the key stakeholders involved, we will share concrete examples and show how market access should be integrated in your clinical and brand plans.
The Experts: The faculty has lived the experience of integrating market access issues into commercial and clinical plans. They have advised multiple companies on market access and pricing strategies at global and local levels. Together, they encompass the broad cross-functional expertise that is required to effectively build market access into clinical and brand plans.
The Principles of Pharma Market Access in Europe course is the only available public training course delivered by Nick Proctor and Mark Silvey on the topic of market access.
Agenda of the Principles of Pharma Market Access in Europe course
What is Market Access
The World of Payers
Country Systems - France
Country Systems - Germany
Country Systems Exercise: An Exploration of the Different Types of Systems and Their Operation
Country Systems - Spain
Country Systems - Italy
Wrap Up and Close
Country Systems - UK
Country Systems - Discussion
How Payers Think
Hospital Funding Mechanisms and Risk Sharing
Developing a Market Access Plan
Building Value into the Product Story
Exercise: Developing a Market Access Plan - Application of Concepts to Market Access Planning
Presentation of Exercise: Developing a Market Access Plan
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This faculty is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussions. In addition, a short case study will be used to illustrate key parts of the theory.
Participants will take part in a group exercise on developing a Market Access plan which is designed to help you apply the concepts you learn.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This Pharma Market Access introductory course is a must for recently appointed market access executives, for international brand managers without formal training in this field, as well as for managers in functions that contribute to optimising market access, such as health economics, medical affairs, business intelligence, health outcomes research, marketing communications and public affairs.
Managers in local marketing organisations with responsibility for optimising market access in national markets will also benefit but they should be aware that the scope of this seminar is primarily international (global or regional).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|International Lead for Rheumatoid Arthritis - Health Economics and Outcomes Research||Abbvie||USA|
|Marketing EMEA, Associate Director||Alexion||Switzerland|
|Global Market Access Manager||ALK||Denmark|
|Senior Project Manager - Global Value, Access & Policy - Strategic Planning & Operations||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Commercial Area Manager Asia, Middle East & Africa||AOP Orphan||United Arab Emirates|
|Head of Strategy Immunology Benelux||Baxalta||Netherlands|
|Senior Product Manager Oncology||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Manager EU Government Affairs||Biogen||Belgium|
|Pricing and Health Economics Specialist||Boehringer Ingelheim||Poland|
|Director Customer Insight & Analytics Europe||Bristol-Myers Squibb||France|
|Director Health Care Policy & External Affairs (CEU)||CSL Behring||Germany|
|Business Intelligence Manager - EPBU||Eisai||United Kingdom|
|Market Intelligence Analyst||Fresenius||France|
|Director Medical Affairs EMEA MS||Genzyme||USA|
|Senior Admin Assistant||Gilead||United Kingdom|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Director, Global Market Access||Janssen||USA|
|Global Patient Access Manager - CoE Value & Access||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|New Product Planning and Payor Strategy Manager||Lilly||Spain|
|Market Development Manager Diabetes CEE||Medtronic||Switzerland|
|Global Pricing Manager | Global Market Access & Pricing | General Medicine and Endocrinology||Merck Group||Germany|
|Market Access Early Products Manager||Novartis||France|
|Global Product Manager||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|Senior European Brand Manager- Antiinfectives | European Specialty Asset Team||Pfizer||France|
|International Health Policy Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|International Marketing Lead||Shire||Belgium|
|Project Coordinator and Business Intelligence Manager||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Market Access Lead OncoCare & Womens Health Europe||Teva||Netherlands|
Dates & Locations
16-17 June 2020, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
13-14 October 2020, London
This course takes place at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel which is located on the perimeter of Heathrow Airport, a short taxi or bus journey from the terminal where the Heathrow Express service to Central London is also situated.
Address: Bath Road, Hounslow, TW6 2AQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 88 97 63 63
8-9 December 2020, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Experts
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.