- Founder & CEO of Inpharmation, Europe’s most respected pharma forecasting & pricing specialist consultancy.
- Gary has been involved in the pricing and/or forecasting of around half of the new molecular entity launches over the past 5 years.
- Author of Sales Forecasting for Pharmaceuticals: An Evidence Based Approach and Value Pricing for Market Access: Evidence-Based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals.
- The concepts and language of pharma pricing and Market Access that confuse many executives.
- A helicopter view of pricing and Market Access systems in some of the largest pharma markets.
- Why setting prices and defending prices with health economics are not the same.
- How payers respond to your product’s profile: Measuring the strength of clinical profiles.
- Evidence-based techniques for getting the most accurate feedback when conducting payer research.
- How to analyse past payer behaviour to predict future pricing behaviour.
- The international pricing system: Correctly predict its impact on your prices around the globe.
- How to implement a pricing and Market Access strategy and what to do when you run into trouble.
- You will leave with a collection of techniques and principles that you can implement immediately.
- Receive Gary’s book 'Value Pricing for Market Access: Evidence-Based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals'.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: The focus is on techniques and approaches that have been proven to work best. Concepts are explained in simple, non-mathematical terms and concrete examples are used rather than vague concepts. Since you will mix with a very international audience, you will learn from your peers about pricing & reimbursement systems in their markets. Delegates leave with a collection of techniques and principles that they can implement easily and immediately.
The Expert: Gary Johnson is Europe's most respected pharma forecasting & pricing expert and has authored the industry’s most authoritative books on pharma forecasting and pricing. His specialist consultancy, Inpharmation, has been involved in the pricing and/or forecasting of around half of the new molecular entity launches over the past five years.
Gary has trained 1000s of executives around the world. His presentations are constantly tweaked according to delegate feedback. They have thus evolved over the years so they are easy to understand and consistently get very high customer feedback scores.
The Value Pricing for Market Access course is the only available public training course delivered by Gary Johnson on the topic of pricing.
Agenda of the Value Pricing for Market Access course
Important: all hours are noted in CET/Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Short breaks will be offered throughout the day.
Welcome & General Introduction (~15 min)
Principles of Pricing and Market Access (~45 min)
The Language of Pharma Pricing and Market Access (~45 min)
Major National Pricing and Market Access Systems (~45 min)
Health Economics and Pricing (~1 h 15 min)
How Payers Respond to Your Product’s Profile (~1 h 15 min)
Talking to Payers (~1 h 15 min)
Analysing Payer Behaviour to Predict Market Access (~1 h 15 min)
The International Pricing System (~45 min)
Implementing – What is the Maturity Level of Your Company? (~1 h 30 min)
Final Discussion and Wrap-up (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This pricing training for the pharmaceutical industry optimally alternates interactive lectures with exercises in groups of 3-5 delegates.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
- Market Access executives who want to understand and predict how price affects market access.
- Experienced pricing managers who want a broad rather than deep review of payer types, price research/modelling techniques, implementation essentials etc. to ensure their inventory of knowledge and techniques are current.
- Marketing and commercial executives who want to build pricing and market access into their marketing plans.
- Health economists who need to understand where economics fits into pricing and market access.
- Forecasters who want to know how to build market access into their forecasts.
- Finance executives who need to understand the pharma pricing mechanisms
- R&D executives who need to develop clinical profiles for optimal market access and pricing.
- Strategists and portfolio executives who need a rounded view of a products volume and pricing prospects.
As this course is delivered by Gary Johnson, Founder & CEO of Inpharmation, a leading specialist in evidence based insights for the pharma Industry, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Pricing Manager||Abbott||Russian Federation|
|Global Market Access Manager||Almirall||Spain|
|Head of Price Management and Analytics||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Associate Director Market Access||Astellas||Netherlands|
|Global price and reimbursement director||AstraZeneca||Sweden|
|Senior Manager Market Access & HE EMEA Hospital Products||Baxter||Switzerland|
|Vice President, Chief of Staff to Head of Europe & Canada||Biogen||United States of America|
|Head Market Access & External Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Netherlands|
|Market Access Specialist||Celgene||Switzerland|
|Director Health Care Policy & External Affairs (CEU)||CSL Behring||Germany|
|Pricing & Access Intelligence Associate||Galderma||France|
|Global Pricing & Market Access||Gilead||United States of America|
|Senior Manager Strategic Pricing||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Business Development Manager||Helsinn||Switzerland|
|Director Government Affairs EMEA||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|Pricing, Reimbursement and Access Manager||Lilly||Serbia|
|Health Economist||Merck Group||United Kingdom|
|Manager Pricing & Reimbursement||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Germany|
|Director Strategic Planning||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Field Market Access Specialist||Novo Nordisk||Islamic Republic of Iran|
|Pricing and Co-payment Lead||Pfizer||Russian Federation|
|Global Pricing and Market Access Director||Pierre Fabre||France|
|Regulatory Affairs Manager||Roche||Egypt|
|Corporate Affairs Coordinator||Sanofi||Turkey|
|Director, Pricing and Reimbursement Analytics||Shire||Switzerland|
|National Market Access Manager||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Government Affairs Manager||Teva||Turkey|
|International Brand Manager - New Products||Tillotts Pharma||Switzerland|
|Director Global Market Access - Patient Solutions Team in Epilepsy||UCB||Belgium|
|Director, Business Development & Licensing||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
Currently all CELforPharma courses are planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom) until international travel is back to normal.
15-16 June 2021, live online
14-15 October 2021, live online
16-17 December 2021, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to an expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
- Book “Value Pricing for Market Access: Evidence-Based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals” by Gary Johnson.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.