- Co-author of GOOD PHARMA. How Marketing Creates Value in Pharma (Corstjens & Demeire, 2014).
- Contributed to the design of Roche's and Novartis' Brand Planning Processes. Designed and runs Roche’s courses for marketing and non-marketing audiences worldwide.
- Visiting Professor at CEDEP (INSEAD) and other business schools.
- Developed business simulation games for the pharma industry (e.g. STRATPHARM) and trained thousands of executives on pharma marketing strategy since 1990.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Become familiar with the terminology, concepts and decision-making processes of your colleagues in pharmaceutical marketing and know how you can better collaborate towards a common goal: the brand’s success.
- Understand the drivers of a pharma brand’s success and how you can contribute to commercial success in an environment that changed dramatically due to Market Access hurdles, the internet, new influencers and decision makers.
- Learn why and how a pharma brand’s success is determined by the synergistic collaboration of several functions with a variety of external stakeholders.
- Know how you can align your activities with a brand’s strategy and discover tactical synergies between your function and the marketing function.
- Benefit from Edouard's wealth of experience in training & coaching executives in numerous pharma companies on best-practice pharma marketing across a wide spectrum of therapeutic and geographical markets.
- Receive Edouard’s book GOOD PHARMA. How Marketing Creates Value in Pharma (Corstjens & Demeire, 2014).
Why You Should Attend
In today’s environment (market access hurdles, multiple stakeholders, patient power etc.) many non-marketers and non-marketing functions play a critical role, along a brand’s lifecycle, in achieving a pharmaceutical brand’s commercial success. It is therefore of paramount importance that executives in non-marketing functions understand what determines the commercial success of pharmaceuticals. In addition, pharma companies need to slash the boundaries between the traditional functional "silos" and create an organisation that fosters cross-functional collaboration.
The Expert: Edouard has, as a part time faculty member of leading institutes such as CEDEP (located on the INSEAD campus), Solvay Business School in Brussels and C.E.L.forpharma, a great ability to deliver conceptually clear definitions of commercial concepts which are sometimes fuzzy in practitioner minds. At the same time, being a trainer & consultant to many pharma companies in medical, marketing, access and sales areas, Edouard has a thorough understanding of the daily work situations in pharma companies, in developed as well as in emerging markets, and across many therapeutic markets.
Edouard Demeire has also written a down-to-earth book in collaboration with INSEAD professor Marcel Corstjens that lays out the realities of successfully marketing a pharmaceutical product today: GOOD PHARMA. How Marketing Creates Value in Pharma (Corstjens & Demeire, 2014).
Pharma Marketing for Non-Marketing Functions is the only available public training course delivered by Edouard Demeire on this topic.
Agenda of the Pharma Marketing for Non-Marketing Functions course
Day 1 – Understanding Pharma Marketing Decision Making
Welcome & Audience Expectations
What is Pharma Marketing?
Insight Generation in the Market-led Pharma Company
Group Exercise 1 – Understanding a Disease Market
Essentials of Brand Strategy Development – from SWOT to Strategy
Essentials of Brand Strategy Development - SEGMENTATION
Essentials of Brand Strategy Development - POSITIONING
Market-Led Tactical Development
Group Exercise 2 – Deciding on Marketing Tactics
Day 2 - How Marketing Interfaces with Other Functions
Recap of Day 1
Implementation in the Field – The Sales Force
Marketing Input Into R&D
The Marketing-Medical Interface
Group Exercise 3 – Delivering Value to Key Opinion Leaders
Marketing & Market Access
Group Exercise 4 – Healthcare Systems and Market Access Tactics
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This course uses a variety of learning approaches, including interactive lectures, a case study, as well as group work and plenary discussion sessions. Working in groups of 3-5 delegates on a heart failure case and a monoclonal antibody case, developed by Prof. Demeire, will enable you to practice the concepts and tools taught during the interactive lectures that alternate with group work.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the course title suggests, this pharma marketing training is specifically designed for non-marketers. In particular:
- Executives in medical affairs, sales, market access, public affairs, health economics, business intelligence, etc., who need to understand how their role can contribute to the commercial success of pharmaceuticals.
- Executives in finance, ICT, human resources, regulatory etc., who need to understand the marketing function and how the different functional sub-strategies should be aligned with the brand strategy.
- Suppliers of professional services to the healthcare industry who need to understand how their services contribute to the commercialisation of pharmaceutical products.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Market Access Manager||AbbVie||Belgium|
|Business Excellence Manager||Alexion||Switzerland|
|Manager, Event Operations EMEAC & JAPAC||Alexion Pharma||Switzerland|
|Global Sales Force Planning & Incentive Compensation Manager||Alexion Pharma||Switzerland|
|Hospital Value Program Manager||Edwards Lifesciences||Germany|
|Program Manager – Economic Value||Edwards Lifesciences||Switzerland|
|Medical Director||Excerpta Medica||The Netherlands|
|Medical Lead Immunology & Inflammation||Galderma||France|
|Deputy Director Business Evaluation & Insight, Commercial Department||Helsinn Healthcare||Switzerland|
|Director BQ EMEA Emerging Markets||Janssen||Belgium|
|Medical Director||LEO Pharma||Switzerland|
|Chief Financial Officer||Merck||United Kingdom|
|Associate Sales Director||Mundipharma||Egypt|
|Supply Chain Director||Mundipharma||Egypt|
|KAM Oncology||Pharma Mar||Belgium|
|Europe Patient Solutions||Sanofi||France|
|VP, Retina Franchise and Global Pharmaceutical Development||Santen||USA|
|Country Medical Lead||Shire||Greece|
|Head of Clinical Development||Toray International Europe||Germany|
|Vice-President: Commercial Content EMEA||Veeva Systems||United Kingdom|
|Senior Consultant||Veeva Systems||Germany|
Dates & Locations
16-17 May 2019, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
- Book: GOOD PHARMA. How Marketing Creates Value in Pharma (Corstjens & Demeire, 2014)
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.