Dr. Jürgen Parrisius & Stefan Fischer
- Dr. Jürgen Parrisius is a Managing & Founding Partner of the global BD&L advisory firm ActeaVentures GmbH, and formerly held marketing and BD&L positions at Roche, Pfizer and the biotech Cardion. He has been involved in several high-profile transactions and numerous regional and local carve-out deals in Europe, US, China and South East Asia in various therapeutic areas.
- Stefan Fischer is a Senior Consultant with ActeaVentures GmbH and brings over 25 years hands-on experience in M&A and in- & out-licensing. He was a Global Alliance Director at Roche up to 2001, where he closed 6 deals in 4 years. After Roche, Stefan served as CEO for several biotech companies (Capsant, Mutabilis, FABPharma).
- Comprehensive overview of the business development process in the pharma-biotech world.
- Analytical toolkit to profile opportunities that will be successful for your company.
- Sources and search tips for finding suitable candidates.
- Overview of forecasting and valuation approaches, and typical issues in the process.
- The pros and cons of different deal structures: JVs, licensing, M&A, etc.
- Key success factors and tips for writing a good term sheet and leading the negotiations.
- How to manage the contract phase and to avoid the financial and legal pitfalls that can break a deal.
- Capitalise on the vast real-world experience of the experts. Their course is full of examples, practical insights and tips!
- Network and share experiences with peers from both the pharma and biotech side.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: Business Development in the pharmaceutical industry has become the most significant source of new products for most pharmaceutical companies. It is now conducted throughout every organisation, which requires executives in many disciplines to understand the process. Even executives new in a business development role often have had no formal training. Companies need to have a structured process throughout the organisation to ensure that there is coordination of efforts and alignment of strategy. This course has been written and developed to capture and structure the processes needed to bring about a successful transaction between pharma-pharma and pharma-biotech companies.
The Experts: The combined hands-on experience of Dr. Jürgen Parrisius & Stefan Fischer is enormous, spanning virtually all therapeutic areas, all forms of BD&L deals, all geographical markets, as well as both big pharma and biotech.
The Pharma Business Development Course is the only available public training course delivered by Dr. Jürgen Parrisius & Stefan Fischer on the topic of business development.
Agenda of The Pharma Business Development Course
Important: all hours are noted in CET/Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Short breaks will be offered throughout the day.
Welcome & Audience Expectations (~30 min)
Strategic Challenges for the BusDev Function (~1 h 30 min)
BD’s Role in Product Portfolio Optimisation (1 h)
Profiling Your Ideal Opportunities (~2 h)
The Search & Evaluation of Opportunities (~1 h)
Close of Day 1
Valuing the Opportunity (~2 h)
Negotiating the Deal (~1 h 30 min)
Financial & Legal Success Factors (~1 h 30 min)
Alliance Management (~1 h)
Q&A (30 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
The experts optimally balance theory with short exercises and numerous anecdotes that illustrate the theory. The strength of this course lies in providing a comprehensive overview of the business development process, illustrated by many examples from the vast experience of the experts, as well as the many checklists and decision support techniques & tools that can be used in each step.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
The Pharma Business Development Course has proven to be a very successful introductory course for two categories of executives:
- Mid to senior level executives in small pharma and biotech companies with limited formal training in business development but whose role increasingly involves business development activities.
- Junior to mid-level managers contributing to the business development process in the headquarters of midsize and big pharma companies (e.g. technology assessment, business intelligence…) who need a better understanding of the complete business development process.
Managers in local marketing organisations with responsibility for business development in national markets will also benefit but they should be aware that the course content is geared towards international licensing and acquisition BD responsibilities.
Executives working in generics companies should be aware that the content of this course concentrates on business development deals involving branded pharmaceuticals.
As this course is delivered by Dr. Jürgen Parrisius & Stefan Fischer of global BD&L advisory firm ActeaVentures GmbH, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|New Business Development Manager||Abbott||France|
|Director, Global Forecasting and Commercial Analytics||Abbvie||USA|
|Director Business Development||Acino Pharma||Switzerland|
|Licensing and Contract Marketing Manager||Actavis||Serbia|
|Manager, Corporate Business Development, Licensing, Gastrointestinal & Pain||Almirall||Spain|
|Bussines Development & Licensing Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Russian Federation|
|Manager Business Development||Fresenius Kabi||Germany|
|Financial Project Evaluation Manager||Galderma||France|
|Director, Business Development||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Strategic Marketing Manager||Helsinn||Switzerland|
|Associate Director Program Manager Research & Early Development||Janssen||Belgium|
|Senior Director, Head of R&D Quality & Compliance Business Development||Johnson & Johnson||Netherlands|
|Medical Director||LEO Pharma||Switzerland|
|ITB France Supervisor||Meda||France|
|Junior Manager Business Development||Mundipharma||Germany|
|Director Strategic Planning||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Business Development Director||Orion||Finland|
|International Product Manager EMEA||Orphan Europe||France|
|Business Development Lead - Africa & Middle East Region||Pfizer||United Arab Emirates|
|Strategic Partnering Associate||Roche||Switzerland|
|Strategic Portfolio Manager||Roche Diagnostics||Switzerland|
|Business Development & New Product Planning Executive||Sanofi||United Kingdom|
|Business Development Director||Servier||Russian Federation|
|BD Project Leader||Stallergenes||France|
|Regional Medical Director Emerging Markets, Global Medical Affairs||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Director, Specialty Life Cycle Initiatives Global Specialty Medicines||Teva||Belgium|
|Associate Director, Global Market Access & Pricing CNS||UCB||Belgium|
|Market Research & Alliance Manager||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
|Licensing and Business Development Specialist||Zambon||Italy|
Dates & Locations
Currently all CELforPharma courses are planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom) until international travel is back to normal.
11-12 March 2021, live online
9-10 June 2021, live online
5-6 October 2021, live online
30 November - 1 December 2021, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to an expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the experts and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held before 31 December 2021.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.