Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans
- Europe’s most entertaining health economics and HTA expert.
- A unique profile: an academic professor, past-president ISPOR, consultant and former pharma executive.
- Sought-after advisor and educator to health policy makers and pharma companies.
- Highly respected for his vast international and cross-therapeutic experience.
- Author of Health economics for non-economists (Pelckmans Pro, 2018).
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Understand what Health Technology Assessment really means and the different types of HTAs across the EU.
- Understand the optimal HTA model, how to work effectively with the different HTA processes / stakeholders and how to influence decision-making.
- Learn how to determine the many possible criteria for assessment and their relative weights.
- Be introduced to the Health Economic principles used in HTAs and understand that there are many other factors at play in the assessment.
- Discover solutions to the most common problems and mistakes when optimising the quality of the clinical evidence.
Why You Should Attend
Health Technology Assessments in the EU are rapidly and continuously evolving. Most countries have their own HTA body with a different level of maturity and different views on how the HTA process should be conducted – combine this with the multiple EU wide organisations and stakeholders also involved and the situation can become very complex!
The Content: With this challenge in mind, The Health Technology Assessment Course is designed to give you an up-to-date overview of everything you need to know about HTAs in the EU. You will leave with practical advice on how to optimise processes and criteria in the preparation and conduct of a HTA.
The Expert: Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans is ideally placed to deliver this training, not only due to his wide international experience in health economic evaluations, but also because he has been directly involved in the preparation, conduct and/or supervision of over 400 HTAs in recent years. Throughout his career, Lieven has worked in pharmaceutical companies, healthcare policy environments, academia and consultancy positions.
The Health Technology Assessment Course is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans on the topic of HTA.
Agenda of The Health Technology Assessment Course
Welcome & General Introduction
Understand What is HTA - What it is Not
Thresholds Used by HTA Bodies in ICER-based Decision Making
Selecting from the Wide Range of Decision Criteria - part 1
Selecting from the Wide Range of Decision Criteria - part 2
Effectively Working with HTA Processes Across the EU
Summary of Dos and Don’ts & Final Discussion
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussion throughout the day. He has a very passionate and entertaining presentation style and uses examples from his vast experience to help bring the theory to life.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of great benefit to those who prepare for the HTA - i.e. executives in pharma, diagnostics and medical device companies involved in the provision of clinical, economic and other required data (e.g. ethical).
In addition, this course will be valuable to everyone for whom understanding the principles behind HTA, its usage and value is critical in their function, such as:
- Market Access
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Health Economics
- Regulatory Affairs
Finally, the HTA bodies themselves and all those who have to deal with the implications of HTA in practice (physicians, health insurance companies, hospitals and other decision makers) would benefit from attending.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Senior Manager Health, Policy and Reimbursement||Amgen||Belgium|
|Associate Director Market Access||Astellas||Netherlands|
|Director Government Affairs, Global Brands||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Head of Health Economics Hospital Care DACH||Baxter||Germany|
|Global Regulatory Strategist||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Vice President, Chief of Staff to Head of Europe & Canada||Biogen||United States of America|
|Senior Manager, Global Pricing & Market access||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Regulatory Manager Distributor Markets Europe||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Austria|
|Associate Sales Director||Celgene||Czech Republic|
|Health Outcomes & Pharmacoeconomics Manager||Chiesi||Netherlands|
|Vice President Market Access & Concepts Ketoanalogues & Enteral Nutrition||Fresenius||Germany|
|Medical Project Manager Hepatitis||Gilead||Belgium|
|Head of Global Epidemiology||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Manager Market Access||Janssen||Netherlands|
|Director Government Affairs EMEA||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|Corporate Affairs Manager||Lilly||Belgium|
|Regional Head Market Access and Pricing, Europe & Canada||Merck Group||Germany|
|Regulatory Affairs Director||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Belgium|
|Director, Payment Policy||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Region Europe Subregional Market Access Leader RE11||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Information and Quality Manager||Sanofi||Belgium|
|Global Market Access Director||Shire||Switzerland|
|Patient Access Lead & Global HTA||Swedish Orphan Biovitrum||Belgium|
|Global Market Access Lead CNS||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Director, Specialty Life Cycle Initiatives Global Specialty Medicines||Teva||Belgium|
|Senior Director, Patient Solution Team, Mission Head||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
22 November 2018, Brussels
15 May 2019, Brussels
26 November 2019, Brussels
All the above courses take place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 1 week prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Cancelling 5 weeks or more prior to the course: cancellation fee of €250 per participant.
- Cancelling 4 to 3 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Cancelling 14 to 7 working days prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 7 working days or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for paid registration fees.