Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans
- Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans has participated in more than 400 health economic evaluations in over 20 countries across a wide spectrum of therapeutic areas. He has also been involved as an expert in a large number of Health Technology Assessments (HTAs) and is actively involved in HTA on a European level.
- A unique profile: academic professor, past-president of ISPOR, advisor to policy makers, trainer and consultant.
- Highly respected for his vast international and cross-therapeutic experience, Lieven is a much sought-after advisor and educator to health policy makers and the innovative healthcare industry.
- Author of Health economics for non-economists (Pelckmans Pro, 2018).
- The meaning of HTA and the key decision-making processes of HTA in Europe.
- The health economic principles used in HTAs and the interpretation by HTA bodies.
- How to deal with the many possible criteria for assessment and their relative weights.
- How to prepare all departments within a company for the different HTA processes.
- Pros & cons of a possible joint clinical assessment in Europe.
- The solutions to the most common problems and mistakes when optimising the quality of the evidence.
- Learn from Europe’s most entertaining health economics and HTA expert.
- Exchange experiences and discuss issues with your peers from other companies, functions, therapy areas and countries.
Why You Should Attend
Health Technology Assessments in Europe are rapidly and continuously evolving. Most countries have their own HTA body with a different level of maturity and different views on how the HTA process should be conducted – combine this with the multiple Europe-wide organisations and stakeholders also involved and the situation can become very complex!
The Content: With this challenge in mind, How to Optimally Manage HTA Criteria & Processes in Europe is designed to grasp the fundamentals of HTA and to give you an up-to-date overview of the key principles and methods. You will learn how to anticipate on the HTA processes and how to optimally prepare for meeting the HTA criteria.
The Expert: Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans is ideally placed to deliver this training, not only due to his wide international experience in health economic evaluations, but also because he has been directly involved in the preparation, conduct and/or supervision of over 400 HTAs in recent years. Throughout his career, Lieven has worked in pharmaceutical companies, healthcare policy environments, academia and consultancy positions.
How to Optimally Manage HTA Criteria & Processes in Europe is the only available public training course delivered by Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans on the topic of HTA.
Agenda of How to Optimally Manage HTA Criteria & Processes in Europe
For start and end times, please check Dates & Locations below.
Welcome & General Introduction (~30 min)
Understand What is HTA - What it is Not (~1 h)
Thresholds Used by HTA Bodies in ICER-based Decision Making (~1 h)
Selecting from the Wide Range of Decision Criteria - part 1 (~1 h)
Selecting from the Wide Range of Decision Criteria - part 2 (~1 h)
Effectively Working with HTA Processes Across Europe (~1 h 45 min)
Summary of Dos and Don’ts & Final Discussion (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussion throughout the day. He has a very passionate and entertaining presentation style and uses examples from his vast experience to help bring the theory to life.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This course will be valuable to everyone for whom understanding the principles behind HTA, its usage and value is critical in their function, such as:
- Market Access
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Health Economics
- Regulatory Affairs
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Senior Manager Health, Policy and Reimbursement||Amgen||Belgium|
|Associate Director Market Access||Astellas||Netherlands|
|Director Government Affairs, Global Brands||AstraZeneca||United Kingdom|
|Head of Health Economics Hospital Care DACH||Baxter||Germany|
|Global Regulatory Strategist||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Germany|
|Vice President, Chief of Staff to Head of Europe & Canada||Biogen||United States of America|
|Senior Manager, Global Pricing & Market access||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|Regulatory Manager Distributor Markets Europe||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Austria|
|Associate Sales Director||Celgene||Czech Republic|
|Health Outcomes & Pharmacoeconomics Manager||Chiesi||Netherlands|
|Vice President Market Access & Concepts Ketoanalogues & Enteral Nutrition||Fresenius||Germany|
|Medical Project Manager Hepatitis||Gilead||Belgium|
|Head of Global Epidemiology||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Manager Market Access||Janssen||Netherlands|
|Director Government Affairs EMEA||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|Corporate Affairs Manager||Lilly||Belgium|
|Regional Head Market Access and Pricing, Europe & Canada||Merck Group||Germany|
|Regulatory Affairs Director||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Belgium|
|Director, Payment Policy||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Region Europe Subregional Market Access Leader RE11||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Information and Quality Manager||Sanofi||Belgium|
|Global Market Access Director||Shire||Switzerland|
|Patient Access Lead & Global HTA||Swedish Orphan Biovitrum||Belgium|
|Global Market Access Lead CNS||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Director, Specialty Life Cycle Initiatives Global Specialty Medicines||Teva||Belgium|
|Senior Director, Patient Solution Team, Mission Head||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
Currently this CELforPharma course is planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom).
The start and end times for all below sessions will be: 09:30 - 17:00 CET (Brussels/Amsterdam/Paris).
1 June 2023, live online
28 November 2023, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.