- Managing Director UK with Across Health, Europe's leading consultancy specialised in omnichannel customer engagement strategies for life science organisations.
- Ben is a Strategic Advisor to pharma, biotech and medical device companies on multi-channel communication programmes at the corporate, regional and brand level.
- He has extensive international experience spanning the clinical, medical and commercial phases of product development across a wide range of therapeutic indications.
- The landscape, opportunities and trends of digital communications in Medical Affairs’ ecosystem.
- To understand, conceptually, how digital communication technologies work.
- How to assess and compare the impact of the different communication channels on physicians and patients.
- How to design a multi-channel innovation strategy for Medical Affairs (MA) in 6 steps.
- Best practices, cases studies, dos & don’ts of Med Ed, social media, mobile applications, etc.
- How to integrate digital initiatives in the MA mix while respecting legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Which KPIs to use to assess the success of your multi-channel MA activities.
- Receive Across Health’s book 'Delighting Pharma Customers in the Omnichannel Age'.
- Benchmark your digital activities against other companies and learn from other MA executives how to overcome some of the challenges you are facing.
Why You Should Attend
On one hand, there is a strong need from pharma customers (physicians, but also patients, nurses, (hospital) pharmacists etc.) to receive the latest medical information “anytime, anywhere” – on websites, but also on tablet devices and smartphones. On the other hand, pharma is experiencing cost pressures in the promotional space. As a result, more efforts are being put into blended or pure online offerings, which not only result in budget efficiencies, but will also be preferred by time-pressured customers.
The Content: This course not only provides you with an explanation about concepts and methods but also, and more importantly, it discusses the integration of digital in the overall business strategy and medical plans (with practical examples) as well as the perspective of customers and stakeholders, including several best-practice cases.
The Expert: Our expert-trainer, Ben Harbour, has a wide international experience in integrating digital into pharma companies’ business communication processes. In addition, he has also built up a very strong reputation within the international digital pharma community as high-impact consultant and trainer.
The Strategic e-Medical Affairs Course is the only available public training course delivered by Ben Harbour on the topic of digital strategy for medical affairs.
Agenda of The Strategic e-Medical Affairs Course
Welcome & General Introduction
The Digital Landscape in e-Medical (1): Stakeholder Needs & Trends
The Digital Landscape in e-Medical (2): Where Is Your Company Today?
Designing a Digital Innovation Strategy for Medical Affairs
e-Medical Education: Trends, Best Practices and Case Studies
e-Medical Education: Trends, Best Practices and Case Studies (Continued)
Close of Day 1
Recap of Day 1
Budget Planning and Optimising the Channel Mix
The Empowered Patient
Social Media and Mobile Opportunities
Impact Measurement: ROI and Other KPIs
Emerging Trends in e-Medical
End of Course
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Ben Harbour is very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussions and teamwork. In addition, group exercises will be used throughout the workshop to help you put theory into practice.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for innovative medical leaders who want to optimise their communication mix and enhance customer-centricity through the selective adoption of digital.
As this course is delivered by Ben Harbour of Across Health, a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Medical Advisor HCV||Abbvie||Romania|
|Head Regional Medical Liasion||Amgen||Germany|
|Director Medical Communications||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Local Project Coordinator||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Spain|
|Medical Advisor & MSL Coordinator||Boehringer Ingelheim||Spain|
|Global Director Clinical Development and Medical Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Germany|
|VP, Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Head of Publications||Ipsen||United Kingdom|
|Sr VP, Global Medical & Regulatory Sciences, Chief Medical Officer||Ipsen||France|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Janssen||Netherlands|
|Associate Director MSL||Janssen||Belgium|
|Medical Affairs Officer Psychiatry and Diabetes The Netherlands||Janssen||Netherlands|
|Medical Advisor Psychiatry Belgium||Janssen||Belgium|
|Medical Education Manager||Lilly||Switzerland|
|Medical Head Baltics||Novartis||Latvia|
|Head Digital Stategy, Global Medical Afffairs||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Medical advisor GIP Pfizer||Pfizer||Belgium|
|Senior Medical Manager||Pfizer||Italy|
|Regional Medical Manager CNS/Pain, Global Clinical and Medical Affairs||Pfizer||Portugal|
|Senior Clinical Scientist||Roche||Switzerland|
|Head Global Medical Affairs & Compliance Informatics||Roche||Switzerland|
|Scientific Communications Excellence Leader||Roche||Switzerland|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Sanofi||Greece|
|Medical Affairs Manager||Takeda||Belgium|
|Sr. Program Manager, Global Medical Affairs||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Assoc. Director, Medical Affairs Practice Liaison||UCB||Belgium|
|Medical Manager||UCB||United Kingdom|
|Global Medical Affairs Medical Education Nephrology Senior Manager||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
Our face-to-face courses take place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel (Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium), a top-class business hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
29-30 September 2022, face-to-face in Brussels
1-2 December 2022, face-to-face in Brussels
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Senior Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Group dinner in the evening of Day 1.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
- Book "Delighting Pharma Customers in the Omnichannel Age" by Ruud Kooi, Fonny Schenck & Beverly Smet of Across Health.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.