Dr. Paul Craddy & Dr. Graham Foxon
- Founders of Remap Consulting, a specialist pharmaceutical pricing and market access consultancy.
- Dr. Paul Craddy's expertise in RWE has been gained from many years working in global and European pricing and market access positions in Takeda/Nycomed and IMS/Cambridge Pharma.
- Dr. Graham Foxon's expertise is in developing global launch pricing strategies and producing HTA submissions to address payers’ requirements using RWE. His experience includes both consultancy at IMS and Adelphi Values, as well as positions in GSK, Ferring and a start-up biotech.
- The fundamental concepts and principles for utilising Real World Evidence (RWE) towards optimising Market Access.
- The value RWE adds over RCTs over a product’s entire lifecycle.
- The terminology used within the world of RWE, such as the exact difference between Real World Evidence and Real World Data (RWD).
- Why RWE is important to regulators, payers, physicians and pharma and how to tailor the evidence to their specific needs.
- The common sources of data available for RWE and how to assess the robustness of the data.
- The critical success factors when developing a RWE study.
- How to effectively incorporate RWE into product launch decisions.
- To reinforce peer learning, the experts will use a small pre-course questionnaire (by email) and polling during the day to actively engage the whole audience throughout the course.
- Real-life case studies will be used to illustrate the theory and/or to facilitate interactive exercises.
Why You Should Attend
RWE is now a critical area of expertise in pharmaceutical companies, engaging various functions such as HEOR, Medical Affairs, R&D and Commercial. There are many challenges in the process of successfully implementing RWE. Executives participating in this open-enrollment course will contribute much more effectively in the cross-functional organisation that RWE requires.
The Content: The course covers the basics required to understand what RWE is, why it is important, who needs/uses it and how you can utilise it effectively to help your role. The content contains the recent developments on RWE, as well as real life case studies on how RWE can be used and potential challenges that can arise.
The Experts: Graham and Paul are experts in RWE and Market access. They frequently advise companies on how to optimise the clinical development and commercial launch of new products, utilising RWE to help achieve market access. Both are regular guest lectures at universities and business schools, as well as speaking at international events and conferences.
The Generating RWE for Optimising Market Access course is the only available public training course delivered by Dr. Paul Craddy & Dr. Graham Foxon on this topic.
Agenda of Generating RWE for Optimising Market Access
Important: all hours are noted in CET/Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Short breaks will be offered throughout the day.
Welcome & Audience Expectations (~30 min)
Defining RWE and Its Value Added Over RCTs (~1 h)
Benefits for Pharma, Regulators, Payers and HCPs (~1 h)
RWD Sources: What & How – Strengths & Weaknesses – Success Stories (~1 h)
Critical Success Factors of a RWE Study (~1 h)
Interactive Group Exercise: Discussing a Real-life RWE Study Case (~45 min)
The audience will be split into groups to discuss the following questions about a real-life case: how to address the problem? – what data sources are most appropriate? – how to set up the RWE study?
Incorporating RWE Into Product Launch Decisions (~1 h)
Summary (~15 min)
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This course is designed to stimulate interaction and optimally engage all participants by asking input prior to the course with a small pre-course questionnaire (by email), using audio-response devices, as well as with an interactive group exercise.
You will not only learn from the experts´ recommendations based on their vast experience in developing RWE research solutions for Market Access, but also from discussing issues and exchanging experiences with your peers from other companies and countries.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by leading experts, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the RWE function is embedded in different departments and evolving at a different pace across the pharmaceutical industry, this course will benefit the many executive profiles who need the basics and need a common understanding in order to work effectively with their experienced colleagues in RWE:
- Executives new to RWE
- Recently appointed members to RWE teams
- Pharma executives not currently working in RWE
- Therapy area leads or brand leads
- Market access leads
- R&D and commercial teams requiring an understanding of RWE
As this course is delivered by Dr. Paul Craddy & Dr. Graham Foxon from Remap Consulting, a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Head of Global Market Access||Advicenne||France|
|Director Value Access & Policy Oncology||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Head of Pricing Platforms||Bayer||Germany|
|Medical Information Manager||Biogen||Switzerland|
|Medical Scientific Liaison Manager||Chiesi||Germany|
|VP, Real World Evidence||Clinigen Healthcare||United States of America|
|Executive Vice President||Clinigen Healthcare||United Kingdom|
|Program Manager||Healthcare Network Partners||Italy|
|Director Market Access||Helsinn||Switzerland|
|Senior Manager Government Affairs & Policy||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|Market Access & Stakeholders Manager||Norgine||Belgium|
|Medical Scientific Liaison||Novartis||United Kingdom|
|Pricing & Reimbursement Manager||Novo Nordisk||Germany|
|Team Lead Health Technology Assessment & Outcomes Research||Pfizer||Germany|
|Head of Public Affairs and Market Access||Sanofi||United Arab Emirates|
|Medical Advisor Neuroscience & Rare Metabolic Diseases / RWE champion||Shire/Takeda||The Netherlands|
|Head Public Affairs and Public Policy||Takeda||Belgium|
|Medical & Science Partner||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
All CELforPharma courses are held live online (hosted in Zoom) or in top-class four or five star hotels situated in easily accessible locations, either close to an international airport or near public transportation links in city centre locations.
17 June 2022, live online
17 November 2022, face-to-face in Brussels (*)
(*) This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel, Course Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 45).
Included in the Registration Fee - for the live online course
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Included in the Registration Fee - for the face-to-face course
- Participation in a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led face-to-face course with interactive group exercises and plenary discussions. You will have the opportunity to meet the expert(s) and discuss your own projects/issues during the breaks.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (so you can make notes during the course).
- Coffee, tea & refreshments during the course.
- Informal networking lunch.
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Less than 14 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay the full invoiced registration fee.
- Between 15 and 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- More than 30 days prior to the course date: registrant liable to pay a cancellation fee of € 450 per registrant.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.