The Strategic Digital Pharma Marketing Course
Learn how to design a digital marketing strategy for your brand, therapeutic area or company that integrates into the whole marketing mix – Grasp the full power and trends of all digital tactics in pharma – Learn how, and when, to select the appropriate tactics, optimise the mix and how to measure their business impact.
Ruud Kooi & Beverly Smet
- Vice Presidents of Across Health, Europe's leading consultancy specialised in eCRM and digital communication in life sciences.
- Former senior marketing leaders with J&J in the area of cross-channel CRM and digital marketing.
- Highly respected by their pharma clients for both their functional knowledge and hands-on experience, ranging from digital strategy formulation, to leading regional and local implementation and continuous team skill development.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Be able to define a digital strategy for your brand or therapeutic area to stay competitive.
- Know how to select the digital tactics which are best suited to achieve your specific brand plan drivers and leverage points.
- Decide per tactic how ambitious you want to be and what it takes to implement your preferred tactic in your preferred scope.
- Know how to tightly integrate digital into your overall marketing, sales and medical education strategy and ensure “fusion” of your online and offline efforts while respecting legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Learn from well-metricised examples of successful e-tactics for physicians, consumers/caregivers and other new stakeholders like payers, nurses and pharmacists.
- Know whether you are focussed on the right KPIs and be able to answer ROI related questions concerning your digital tactics.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: This course not only provides you with an explanation behind concepts, tactics and trends, but more importantly, it discusses the integration of digital in the overall business strategy and marketing plans. The course also examines the perspective of the customer and other stakeholders and uses multiple, real, best-practice cases to bring the theory to life.
The Experts: Our expert-trainers, Ruud Kooi and Beverly Smet, not only have a wide international experience in digital marketing (over 100 completed projects with over 20 different pharmaceutical or medical device companies) but they have also built up a very strong reputation within the international digital community as high-impact consultants and trainers.
The Strategic Digital Pharma Marketing Course is the only available public training course delivered by Beverly and Ruud on the topic of digital pharma marketing.
10:00 Welcome & General Introduction
10:30 Insight: Online Landscape Analysis
- Which key industry changes are accelerating the move to digital?
- Online behaviour and trends of physicians, patients and other stakeholders.
- Benchmarking surveys and other sources for a competitive assessment.
- Internal analysis: How to assess the e-maturity of your company?
- Technology trend analysis: Which new technologies may influence the patient-physician-pharma relationship … and by when?
11:00 Coffee Break
11:15 Innovation: Defining a Digital Strategy
- Strategy is a major bottleneck in most pharma companies!
- Step 1: Determine the buying process and key leverage points
- Step 2: Select amongst the 7 generic e-strategies and prioritise e-tactics
- Step 3: Create the 3-year roadmap
- Models, case studies and insights to help you understand the complex buying journey and how you can influence it through media
13:30 IPad Detailing
- The (sad) realities of tablet detailing
- What is needed for success? … Closed Loop Marketing!
- How to activate your sales force
- Exercise: define your own detail-aid
14:30 HCP Self-service Portals
- Learning from best practices in non-pharma industries
- Discussing examples of pharma portals
- The 4 different ways to make an impact
- Exercise: define your own homepage
15:30 Coffee Break
15:45 Medical Education
- Why webcasts are impactful
- Success factors
- Best practices in pharma
- The 5 key steps to influencing treatment choice through eMeetings
- Exercise: Assuring participation for your upcoming webinar
16:45 Remote Detailing
- Benefits of teledetailing
- Success factors
- Best practices in pharma
09:00 E-mail Marketing
- Exercise: Create an effective email
09:45 Search Engine Marketing
- How consumers and HCP search for health on Google
- SEO & SEA: how it works – pros & cons - examples
10:30 Coffee Break
10:45 Social Media
- The social media landscape
- Social media in life sciences
- Social objectives and appropriate social technologies in Pharma
11:30 Mobile Marketing
- General trends & technologies
- Mobile in Healthcare
13:00 Impact: ROI and other KPIs
- Factors that determine ROI in digital marketing
- Using Google Analytics to measure Reach & Advocacy
- How to measure engagement
- How to measure conversion (e.g. Net Promoter Score)
- Exercise: plan your KPIs
- Exercise: improve a current campaign
14:15 Bringing it all together: Building a Multichannel Campaign
- Using a 3 phase methodology to optimise the channel mix
- The “Multichannel Equivalent” concept
- Designing the marketing mix at the HCP level
- Exercise: build your own multichannel campaign
16:00 Final Thoughts & Closing
Ruud Kooi and Beverly Smet are very experienced in leading interactive sessions and will actively engage participants in discussion, answering any questions that may arise. Group exercises will be used throughout the course which will help delegates learn how to apply the theory and frameworks to their own situation. The course will close with an excel-based simulation game designed to help participants assimilate the content from the two days by putting the theory into practice.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for innovative marketing, sales and medical education staff who want to optimise their communication mix and enhance customer-centricity through the selective adoption of digital.
As this course is delivered by Beverly Smet & Ruud Kooi of Across Health - a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Product Manager Structural Heart EMEA||Abbott||Belgium|
|Customer Excellence Director Western Europe & Canada||Abbvie||France|
|Multi-Channel Marketing Specialist||Abdi Ibrahim||Turkey|
|Associate Director, Global Strategic Marketing Dept, Project leader||Actelion||Switzerland|
|Business Unit Manager - General Medicine||Amgen||Belgium|
|Junior Product Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Belgium|
|Product Manager||Boehringer Ingelheim||Denmark|
|Marketing and Sales Manager||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Ireland|
|Salesforce Effectiveness Manager||Celgene||Spain|
|National Sales Manager||Chiesi||Belgium|
|Global Brand Manager||Crucell||Netherlands|
|Associate Digital & Analog Channel Management||Daiichi Sankyo||Germany|
|Portfolio & Marketing Manager - Oncology||Fresenius||Germany|
|Senior Brand Manager||Galderma||Greece|
|IT Manager, Project Management – Web & Mobile||Janssen||United Kingdom|
|Patient Solutions Manager||LEO Pharma||United Kingdom|
|Product Manager neurology||Merck Group||Netherlands|
|Brand & Customer Manager||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Ireland|
|Director - Integrated Insights Ophthalmology||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Global Marketing Coordinator||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|International Product Manager EMEA||Orphan Europe||France|
|Informatics & Logistics Director||Roche||Italy|
|Brand Manager Diabetes - Lyxumia||Sanofi||Belgium|
|Digital Marketing and Communication Coordinator||Sanofi Pasteur||France|
|VP Strategic Planning & Commercial Excellence||Shionogi||United Kingdom|
|Business Insights Analyst, France & Benelux||Shire||France|
|Sr. Dir. Commercial Support||Teva||Netherlands|
|EU Content Manager||UCB||Ireland|
|Global Medical Affairs Medical Education Nephrology Senior Manager||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
All C.E.L.forpharma courses are held in top-class four or five star hotels situated in easily accessible locations, either close to an international airport or near public transportation links in city centre locations.
24-25 May 2016, Zurich
(Relocated from Brussels)
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
15-16 November 2016, London
This course takes place at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington which is located opposite Gloucester Road Underground Station, with convenient access to three major tube lines, as well as to road, rail and air transport links.
Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
4-18 Harrington Gardens
London, SW7 4LH
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7373 6030
1-2 December 2016, Brussels
This course takes place at the Hilton Brussels Grand Place Hotel which is situated opposite Brussels Central railway station, in the heart of the historic city centre of Brussels. The hotel is only 20 minutes away from Brussels International Airport by train.
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
Carrefour De l’Europe 3
Tel: +32 2 548 42 11
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking.
For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Experts
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 1 week prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Cancelling 5 weeks or more prior to the course: cancellation fee of €250.
- Cancelling 4 to 3 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Cancelling 14 to 7 working days prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 7 working days or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for paid registration fees.