- Co-author of GOOD PHARMA. How Marketing Creates Value in Pharma (Corstjens & Demeire, 2014).
- Contributed to the design of Roche's and Novartis' Brand Planning Processes. Designed and runs Roche’s courses for marketing and non-marketing audiences worldwide.
- Visiting Professor at CEDEP (INSEAD) and other business schools.
- Developed business simulation games for the pharma industry (e.g. STRATPHARM) and trained 1000s of executives on pharma marketing strategy since 1990.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Increase the sales and marketing ROI of your brands by learning how to determine the marketing tactics that will effectively leverage opportunities in the market.
- Ensure your future brand marketing plans will logically link marketing tactics to smarter patient / stakeholder insight and analysis.
- Know how to design marketing mixes for your brands in “Red Ocean” (highly competitive) markets that are superior to the competition.
- Learn how to make the competition irrelevant by creating “Blue Ocean” (highly innovative) market environments for some brands, using value innovation concepts and tools.
- Be armed with a box full of handy tools you can use back in the office.
- Benefit from Edouard's wealth of experience in training & coaching numerous pharma companies on best-practice pharma brand marketing planning across a wide spectrum of therapeutic and geographical markets.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: You will learn how and when to use simple but powerful analytical tools in a well-structured process that culminates in the design of “visionary”, high-impact brand plans with a logic between the final action plan and market dynamics. You will be armed with a box full of handy tools that can be implemented as of first day you return to the office!
The Expert: Edouard forces you to think “out-of-the-box”. He challenges his audience and, while he is an authority in pharma marketing strategy, he also transposes learnings from other industries to stimulate creative thinking. His approach sparks plenty of new ideas!
The Pharma Brand Planning Course is the only available public training course delivered by Edouard Demeire on the topic of brand planning.
Welcome & General Introduction
Properly Determine and Understand Your Brand’s Market
Segmenting the Market and Prioritizing Segments
Positioning Your Brand
Plenary Case Discussion
Strategies and Tactics in “Red Ocean Markets”
Strategies and Tactics in “Blue Ocean Markets”
Strategies and Tactics “Blue Ocean Markets” – cont’d
Discussion & Closing
This course uses a variety of learning approaches, including interactive lectures, a case study (Betaprolol case), as well as group work and plenary discussion sessions. Working in groups of 3-5 delegates on the Betaprolol case, developed by Prof. Demeire, will enable you to practice the concepts and tools taught during the interactive lectures that alternate with group work.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
The Pharma Brand Planning Course is highly suitable for marketers early in their career who wish to master the concepts and tools required to generate successful brand marketing plans. It is also beneficial for more experienced managers who want to benchmark and refresh their current practices.
For non-marketers who wish to gain a thorough understanding of pharma marketing, we refer to Edouard Demeire’s 2-day course Principles of Pharmaceutical Marketing for Non-Marketing Functions.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|International Product Manager||Acino Pharma||Switzerland|
|Associate Director, Global Commercial Insights||Actelion||Switzerland|
|Junior Product Manager||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Belgium|
|Customer Marketing Manager||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Romania|
|Field Product Manager||Celgene||Netherlands|
|New Product Adviser||Chiesi||Italy|
|Global Marketing Lead, Assignment USA||Ferring||USA|
|Portfolio & Marketing Manager - Oncology||Fresenius||Germany|
|Distributor Area Manager / Pharma Export Manager Gulf and Middle East||Galderma||France|
|Chef de Produit||Ipsen||France|
|Global Patient Solution Manger AK||LEO Pharma||Denmark|
|Marketing and Strategy||Merck Group||Germany|
|Product Manager Respiratory||Mundipharma||Belgium|
|Pricing Manager||Novartis||Russian Federation|
|Senior Manager, CPMD||Orion||Bangladesh|
|Regional Brand Manager WH/MH Portfolio & Xalabrands, Europe||Pfizer||Turkey|
|Marketing Director Dermatology||Pierre Fabre||Germany|
|Team Manager IT - Global Product Strategy||Roche||Switzerland|
|Brand & Customer Manager||Sanofi||Croatia|
|Sales manager- Ophthalmology portfolio||Santen||Thailand|
|VP Strategic Planning & Commercial Excellence||Shionogi||United Kingdom|
|Business Development Director||UCB||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
1-2 June 2017, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
5-6 December 2017, Brussels
This course takes place at the Parker Hotel Brussels Airport which is located 5 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Bessenveldstraat 15, 1831 Diegem, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 713 66 66
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details in step 1 and company / invoicing details in step 2.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 1 week prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Cancelling 5 weeks or more prior to the course: cancellation fee of €250.
- Cancelling 4 to 3 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Cancelling 14 to 7 working days prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 7 working days or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for paid registration fees.