10 things to do for a successful pharma launch
By Kurt Arco, expert-trainer of the Strategy & Planning for Commercial Launch Success in Pharma course.
It is not easy to get the commercial launch of a new pharma brand right, but if you succeed, it is also one of the most rewarding assignments as a brand manager!
From his broad and deep experience in pharma product launches, CELforPharma’s faculty member Kurt Arco has distilled 10 things you MUST do for a successful launch. They are listed below:
- Precisely defining the market opportunity- size, market segments
- Having a clear, compelling value proposition
- Establish and maintain profitable, competitive pricing throughout product/ brand lifecycle
- Developing the entry strategy with milestones and KPIs
- Understanding the patient journey and its influencers and influences
- Identify key stakeholders and build advocates to endorse brand early on (both KOL and guideline endorsement)
- Improve spontaneous awareness of brand early & build the right communication channel and leverage omnichannel strategies to reach all stakeholders (includes potential prescribers, payers, patients…)
- Re-affirm the customer’s positive experiences of the brand after trial(s)
- Getting alignment in the organisation
- Launch execution: understanding the steps to getting revenue & building the tools and programs to get there
Last update: September 2022