Developing a Patient Centric Product Strategy from Patient Ecosystem Insights
Practical & Effective Tools & Techniques
Wednesday, 14 June 2023, 10:30 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 16:00 CET
To identify strategic drivers with the highest impact for a pharmaceutical product, companies should develop a more holistic approach to patient centricity and move beyond a focus on patient engagement only. This is because patient care has become increasingly complex. This requires insights from the patient’s total ecosystem and requires cross-functional collaboration involving clinical development, medical, access, commercial and infield functions.
In this E-Seminar, Edouard Demeire will discuss insight generating tools & techniques that allow you to truly understand the full patient ecosystem, and how to use these insights to develop high quality key drivers for a pharmaceutical.
Each topic will first be covered conceptually, then illustrated with an example and, finally, participants will work on an individual exercise to sharpen their implementation skills.
“I highly recommend this course if you are looking for practical tools and techniques to extract patient insights and design strategies.”
Yuksel Ahmedov - Product Manager - Bulgaria - February 2023
➜ Welcome (15 min.)
➜ The Need for Patient Ecosystem Thinking (1 h 15 min.)
- Relevant trends in healthcare (personalised care, complexity, resourcing & data)
- Characteristics and advantages of a more holistic approach to patient centricity vs. the current patient-centric engagement model, illustrated with two examples
- Developing a patient-centric growth strategy
➜ Generating Patient Ecosystem Insights (1 h 30 min.)
- Methodology and analytic tools required for gaining patient ecosystem insights:
- Patient Flows
- Patient Experience Journeys
- Stakeholder Beliefs & Behaviours
- Criteria for successful patient ecosystem insight development
- Data sources and research techniques to populate these tools with data, including recent techniques such as Machine Learning
- Learning from cases in metabolic syndrome disease and personalised cancer care
- Participants will apply the above in a short, individual exercise
➜ From Patient Ecosystem Insights to Strategy Design (1 h 15 min.)
- The 3 components required to design a pharma product/brand strategy:
- Defining and selecting the patient population(s) with a patient-centric segmentation process: focus on segmentation criteria and the selection methodology
- Profiling the product from the patient’s ecosystem perspective. Depending on the product lifecycle stage, this is the Target Product Profile or the Brand’s Positioning
- Formulation and selection of Key Growth Drivers (also called CSFs or Strategic Imperatives)
- In a short individual exercise, participants will learn how to define Key Growth Drivers in short sentences that summarise customer behavioural objectives (which is critical to align action planning across the value chain)
➜ Final Q&A and Summary of Learnings (15 min.)
Please note that a lunch break is foreseen from 12:30 to 13:30 CET.
Trained over 10 000 executives in the pharma industry. He is a Visiting Professor at CEDEP (INSEAD) and has given lectures globally (Solvay Business School, SupdeCo, MIT, and UNSW). In addition, he has staged the planning curriculum at Roche and has run hundreds of workshops and projects at AZ, Eli-Lilly, Novartis as well as with many mid-sized pharma, across the globe.
Author of KICCASS PHARMA – Keep it Customer Centric, Agile & Strategically Simple In Pharma & Diagnostic Management book (2020). He also developed the brand plan quality checklist, a tool for assessing the quality of brand plans.
CELforPharma faculty member since 2005, teaching The Pharma Brand Planning Course.
WHAT TO EXPECT
➜ 4,5 hour live online session hosted in Zoom
➜ Interactivity through Q&A, chat, polling and individual exercises
➜ You will receive the slides in PDF format prior to the E-Seminar, as well as a 4-page pre-reading which will be used for the two individual exercises
DATE & FEE
➜ 14 June 2023, 10:30 – 12:30 and 13:30 – 16:00 CET (Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris)
➜ € 570 per participant (excl. 21% VAT) until 12 May 2023
€ 770 per participant (excl. 21% VAT) as of 13 May 2023
➜ Fee includes:
- Access to the expert led E-seminar in real-time
- Copies of the slides will be provided to you in PDF format prior to the E-Seminar
➜ Cancellation Policy:
- If a registrant cannot attend the E-Seminar, he/she can be replaced by a colleague
- Alternatively, the registrant can use the registration fee as a credit for a CELforPharma course he/she wishes to attend in the future
Email Inge Cornelis here.