Kurt Arco & Dr. Joeri De Haes
- Top experts from Trilations, a strategic marketing consultancy that has been involved in major drug launches in over 40 countries and over 15 therapy areas.
- Dr. Joeri De Haes is a former professor of Marketing at Antwerp University with 10 years of experience in advising major pharma companies on global launch programmes for strategic brands.
- Formerly with MSD (Merck & Co), where he led several major brand launches, Kurt Arco has 15 years of international launch experience within big and small pharma/biotech companies.
- A comprehensive overview of the launch process: From discovery/development up to maturity.
- A structured roadmap with detailed steps to plan your full cross-functional launch process.
- The 4 launch types: Selecting the right launch strategy based on your brand’s profile.
- The market and customer insights that are crucial for defining the launch strategy and plan.
- How to use the patient journey and leverage points to define and prioritise customer segments.
- How to design an omni-channel launch strategy to engage with the right key stakeholders.
- How to organise internally in order to be optimally prepared for launch.
- Best practices drawn from real-world examples of successful and failed launches.
- You will be able to put theory into practice during group work on real-world case studies.
- You will receive handy take-home templates and models.
- Cross-check your approach and experiences during cross-functional discussions with industry peers.
Why You Should Attend
In the last decade, pharmaceutical companies have seen rapid changes in the market environment for their new brand launches. While austerity measures in many countries are increasing local and national hurdles for market access, drug launches are becoming more numerous, smaller, and more competitive. It has never been more important for pharmaceutical companies to crack the art of launching new products. YOU ONLY CAN DO IT ONCE!
The Content: The course content builds on the expertise and experience that the experts have accumulated over the last 15 years in advising and implementing major product launches in EMEA across major therapy areas: Oncology (incl. Immunotherapy), Immunology, CNS, CVS and Metabolic Disorders. It covers all concepts and evidence-based tools for effective strategic decision- making and planning in the process up to launch, with a focus on what will determine the brand’s commercial success.
The Experts: The faculty combines academic rigour with best practice within big pharma. Joeri De Haes was formerly a professor of marketing and since 2009 leads a team of pharma market strategy experts that combines in-depth industry knowledge with advanced analytics and team-mobilization skills. He has 10 years of experience in advising major pharma companies on global and European launch programmes for some of their strategic brands. By contrast, Kurt Arco was with MSD (Merck & Co) until recently, where he led several major product launches in many geographical areas and contributed to, and piloted, major marketing & sales excellence projects. Their company Trilations is a strategy consultancy agency that works closely with most of the major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in more than 40 countries worldwide (e.g. Johnson & Johnson, MSD, Roche, Pfizer, Boston Scientific, …).
The Strategy & Planning for Commercial Launch Success in Pharma course is the only available public training course delivered by Joeri De Haes and Kurt Arco on the topic of Commercial Launch in Pharma.
Agenda of Strategy & Planning for Commercial Launch Success in Pharma
Welcome & Audience Expectations
Launch Excellence Fundamentals in Pharma: “From one-size-fits-all to a tailored approach”
The Commercial Launch Process: The Road to Success
Plenary discussion: learning from a launch success and a launch failure within the Oncology market.
The Critical Market Insights to Boost Tomorrow’s Brand Performance
To illustrate the theory, the business case used in the group exercise hereafter will be used to build the set of critical insights required for the exercise.
Group Exercise on a Launch Business Case
Using a fictitious business case (based on a recently launched Rx pharmaceutical), delegates will work in groups to analyse and discuss the strategic implications of critical insights in a country, where a recently launched competitor failed in terms of market uptake. The objective of the exercise is to address the Country Manager’s strategic concerns and propose recommendations.
This interactive session includes group presentation and sharing key learnings.
Close of Day 1
Defining the Core Communication Strategy: Segmentation - Targeting - Positioning
Group Exercise on Segmentation - Targeting – Positioning
Using a business case, participants will need to assess an existing segmentation model, identify areas for improvement, prioritise segments, define an appropriate positioning and design an optimal communication strategy by segment.
Engaging Key Stakeholders for Launch
Designing an Omni-Channel Interaction Launch Strategy
Group Exercise on Omni-Channel Interaction Strategy
Using a real-life business case, participants will run through a step-by-step simulation exercise to design a multi-channel interaction strategy for a successful launch.
Preparing the Cross-Functional Launch Team: Organisational Challenges
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Interactive lectures, which include real-world launch cases in a variety of therapy areas, alternate with group exercises during which you will be able to work on a hypothetical drug launch that runs throughout the different modules.
The group exercises not only enable you to apply the theory and decision-making tools, but also offer the invaluable opportunity to discuss issues and exchange points of view and experiences with your peers from other functions and companies.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
A cross-functional launch team typically consists of executives from Marketing, Sales, Medical, Market Access, External Affairs and Business Intelligence. This course is a must-attend for all members of any cross-functional launch team that needs to launch a brand in the coming 1-3 years. In particular, all executives responsible for building, executing and measuring a launch plan.
As this course is delivered by Dr. Joeri De Haes and Kurt Arco, experts from Trilations - a strategic marketing consultancy, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 43).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Head Corporate Marketing||Acino International||Switzerland|
|Project Leader Development Projects| Corp. Project + Portfolio Management||Biotest||Germany|
|Associate Director, Commercial Planning & Operations||Celgene||Switzerland|
|Manager / Team Leader||Celltrion||South Korea|
|Associate Director, Operations||Diaceutics||United Kingdom|
|Global Strategic Market Intelligence Lead||Ferring Pharmaceuticals||Switzerland|
|Vice President Late Development Portfolio||Galapagos||Belgium|
|Brand Manager||Gilead Sciences||Belgium|
|Senior Product Manager||Janssen||Germany|
|Pipeline Lead Mid-Size Markets||Janssen||Norway|
|Sales Marketing Manager||Mundipharma||Slovakia|
|Brand Director||Novartis Pharma||Germany|
|Brand Manager||Oy Verman||Finland|
|Portfolio Management Coordinator||Sanofi||Turkey|
|Global Commercial Lead||Shire||Switzerland|
|Chief Financial and Commercial Officer||Sotio||Czech Republic|
|Franchise Head CNS||Teva||Germany|
|Launch Excellence Lead||UCB||Belgium|
|Marketing Manager||Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma||Switzerland|
|Sales & Marketing||Visiblegy||United Kingdom|
Dates & Locations
25-26 June 2019, London
This course takes place at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel which is located on the perimeter of Heathrow Airport, a short taxi or bus journey from the terminal where the Heathrow Express service to Central London is also situated.
Address: Bath Road, Hounslow, TW6 2AQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 88 97 63 63
24-25 September 2019, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
10-11 December 2019, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Experts
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.