- The most down-to-earth pharma forecasting and pricing expert with superb training talent.
- Founder & CEO of Inpharmation, Europe's most respected pharma forecasting & pricing specialist consultancy.
- Has been involved in pricing and/or forecasting of around half of the new molecular entity launches over the past five years.
- Author of Sales Forecasting for Pharmaceuticals: An Evidence Based Approach and Value Pricing for Market Access: Evidence-Based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Understand how price affects Market Access throughout a healthcare system and how to set prices for optimal access and returns.
- Learn what constitutes value for different payers and which pricing techniques to deploy across different payer types and at different times in a product’s life cycle to measure your added value.
- Understand how international reference pricing and parallel trade can prevent a product being priced to its true value and how to deal with these.
- Be able to group major international markets into categories of pricing and market access systems – and understand which pricing techniques work best for each.
- Leave with a collection of techniques and principles that you can implement immediately.
- Receive Gary’s book Value Pricing for Market Access: Evidence-Based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals, which will be a valuable reference to have with you.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: The focus is on techniques and approaches that have been proven to work best. Concepts are explained in simple, non-mathematical terms and concrete examples are used rather than vague concepts. Since you will mix with a very international audience, you will learn from your peers about pricing & reimbursement systems in their markets. Delegates leave with a collection of techniques and principles that they can implement easily and immediately.
The Expert: Gary Johnson is Europe's most respected pharma forecasting & pricing expert and has authored the industry’s most authoritative books on pharma forecasting and pricing. His specialist consultancy, Inpharmation, has been involved in forecasting and/or pricing around half of the new molecular entity launches over the past five years.
Gary has trained 1000s of executives around the world. His presentations are constantly tweaked according to delegate feedback. They have thus evolved over the years so they are easy to understand and consistently get very high customer feedback scores.
The Value Pricing for Market Access course is the only available public training course delivered by Gary Johnson on the topic of pricing.
Agenda of the Value Pricing for Market Access course
Welcome & General Introduction
Principles of Pricing and Market Access
The Language of Pharma Pricing and Market Access
Major National Pricing and Market Access Systems
Health Economics and Pricing
How Payers Respond to Your Product’s Profile
How Payers Respond to Your Product’s Profile (Continued)
Talking to Payers
Analyzing Payer Behavior to Predict Market Access
The International Pricing System
The International Pricing System (Continued)
Implementing – What is the Maturity Level of Your Company?
Final Discussion and Wrap-up
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This pricing training for the pharmaceutical industry optimally alternates interactive lectures with paper-based exercises in groups of 3-5 delegates.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
- Market Access executives who want to understand and predict how price affects market access.
- Experienced pricing managers who want a broad rather than deep review of payer types, price research/modelling techniques, implementation essentials etc. to ensure their inventory of knowledge and techniques are current.
- Marketing and commercial executives who want to build pricing and market access into their marketing plans.
- Health economists who need to understand where economics fits into pricing and market access.
- Forecasters who want to know how to build market access into their forecasts.
- Finance executives who need to understand the pharma pricing mechanisms
- R&D executives who need to develop clinical profiles for optimal market access and pricing.
- Strategists and portfolio executives who need a rounded view of a products volume and pricing prospects.
As this course is delivered by Gary Johnson, Founder & CEO of Inpharmation - a leading specialist in evidence based insights for the pharma Industry, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 43).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Pricing Manager||Abbott||Russian Federation|
|Global Market Access Manager||Almirall||Spain|
|Head of Price Management and Analytics||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Associate Director Market Access||Astellas||Netherlands|
|Global price and reimbursement director||AstraZeneca||Sweden|
|Senior Manager Market Access & HE EMEA Hospital Products||Baxter||Switzerland|
|Vice President, Chief of Staff to Head of Europe & Canada||Biogen||United States of America|
|Head Market Access & External Affairs||Boehringer Ingelheim||Netherlands|
|Market Access Specialist||Celgene||Switzerland|
|Director Health Care Policy & External Affairs (CEU)||CSL Behring||Germany|
|Pricing & Access Intelligence Associate||Galderma||France|
|Global Pricing & Market Access||Gilead||United States of America|
|Senior Manager Strategic Pricing||GlaxoSmithKline||Belgium|
|Head of Market Access||Gruenenthal||Germany|
|Business Development Manager||Helsinn||Switzerland|
|Director Government Affairs EMEA||Johnson & Johnson||Belgium|
|Pricing, Reimbursement and Access Manager||Lilly||Serbia|
|Health Economist||Merck Group||United Kingdom|
|Manager Pricing & Reimbursement||Merck Sharp & Dohme||Germany|
|Director Strategic Planning||Novartis||Switzerland|
|Field Market Access Specialist||Novo Nordisk||Islamic Republic of Iran|
|Pricing and Co-payment Lead||Pfizer||Russian Federation|
|Global Pricing and Market Access Director||Pierre Fabre||France|
|Regulatory Affairs Manager||Roche||Egypt|
|Corporate Affairs Coordinator||Sanofi||Turkey|
|Director, Pricing and Reimbursement Analytics||Shire||Switzerland|
|National Market Access Manager||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Government Affairs Manager||Teva||Turkey|
|International Brand Manager - New Products||Tillotts Pharma||Switzerland|
|Director Global Market Access - Patient Solutions Team in Epilepsy||UCB||Belgium|
|Director, Business Development & Licensing||Vifor Pharma||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
27-28 June 2019, Zurich
This course takes place at the Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel which is located just five minutes from Zurich Kloten Airport with the complimentary shuttle. Zurich’s vibrant city centre is located only a fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Address: Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, Opfikon-Glattbrugg 8152, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 828 50 50
26-27 September 2019, London
This course takes place at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel which is located on the perimeter of Heathrow Airport, a short taxi or bus journey from the terminal where the Heathrow Express service to Central London is also situated.
Address: Bath Road, Hounslow, TW6 2AQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 20 88 97 63 63
5-6 December 2019, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking.For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- A Group Dinner on the First Day
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
- Book “Value Pricing for Market Access: Evidence-Based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals” by Gary Johnson
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.