David Wright & Pijush Bose
- Founder and Principal Consultant respectively with Imonic, a consultancy specialised in strategic account management in pharma.
- David Wright has advised many top pharma companies on Strategic Account Management projects, is author of an influential report on pharma KAM and has presented/chaired at many international events focused on KAM in pharma.
- Prior to consultancy, Pijush Bose gained 18+ years of experience in leading global and regional programs in Strategic Account Management and various associated Field Force effectiveness capabilities for Abbott and Abbvie.
- How to develop patient-centric strategies that drive value for both your account, your company and patients.
- Approaches to uncover the unmet needs of your Key Accounts.
- Analytical tools for discovering new growth opportunities within your Key Accounts.
- How to prioritise triple-win opportunities for optimal value creation.
- Best practices for setting Account Plan KPIs and for measuring Key Account success organisationally.
- The highly interactive format of this course facilitates optimal peer learning.
- You will gain practice with proven tools and techniques during group exercises.
Why You Should Attend
Many Key Account Managers and KAM leads in the pharma industry struggle to reach sustainable success as they need to overcome challenges of increasingly complex healthcare systems, of more demanding customers and of realising a well-coordinated cross-functional approach.
The Content: This course is rich in insights and practical tools, alongside first-hand experience and real examples, all of which will equip you to dramatically improve your capability to manage and grow high value Key Accounts. It also deals with the complexities of coordinating a multi-functional account team, encompassing Market Access, Medical Science Liaison, Sales….
The Experts: David and Pijush are a perfect complement of each other. David’s expertise is based on both academic KAM research (incl. significant KAM industry research in pharma) and consulting work for some of the world’s top pharma organisations on multi-country KAM programmes. He has over 20 years’ experience in leading KAM programmes across multiple complex and highly regulated sectors that include Pharma, Aerospace, IT, Utilities and Automotive. David has both chaired and presented at international KAM conferences. Pijush brings a lot of real-life pharma company experience to the course: prior to consultancy, he gained 18+ years of experience in Field Force Effectiveness, Strategic Account Management, CRM and Business Analytics at Abbott/AbbVie, leading regional and global initiatives.
Key Account Management Excellence in Pharma is the only available public training course delivered by David Wright and Pijush Bose on this topic.
Agenda of the Key Account Management Excellence in Pharma course
Important: all hours are noted in CET/Brussels Time, so carefully convert into your local time zone!
Short breaks will be offered throughout the day.
Welcome & Audience Expectations (~30 min)
Breaking from the Traditional KAM Definition (~1 h)
Developing Superior Key Account Insights & Identifying Unmet Needs (~1 h 30 min)
Group Exercise: Inside/Outside Framework (~1 h 15 min: ~30 min before lunch, ~45 min after lunch)
|In small groups, attendees will practice how to tailor the Inside/Outside Framework to develop new insights|
Group Exercise: Inside/Outside Framework - Continued (~45 min)
Key KAM Challenges in Pharma (~15 min)
Increasing the Number of Options to Work with Key Customers (~1 h)
Crafting & Prioritising Strategic Opportunities (Triple-Win) (~45 min)
Summary Review and Q&A (~15 min)
Close of Day 1
Day 1 Review (~15 min)
Setting Robust Account Plan Objectives, Tactics & Interaction Tasks (~1 h)
Measuring Key Account Success – 3 Ways (~1 h 30 min)
Review of KAM Process & Link Back to KAM Challenges in Pharma (~45 min)
Putting it All into Practice - Case Study (~2 h)
Case Study Debrief (~30 min)
|To embed this course and the case study learning, the experts will present their ‘what good looks like’ examples and compare those with delegate outputs to clarify and explain any differences and address questions|
Course Review and Final Questions (~30 min)
Close of Day 2
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
This training programme is very interactive as it includes many plenary discussions on KAM challenges, as well as group exercises during which you can apply the tools and techniques that address those challenges.
Based on strong external benchmarks on what constitutes best practice, David and Pijush will help you evaluate your KAM practice, gaps and strengths.
This course will be a great opportunity for you to not only learn from the experts, but also to exchange experiences, discuss issues and learn from your peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 20 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This pharma KAM course is designed for Key Account Managers, Strategic Account Managers, Sales Managers/Directors and KAM Leads who want to better understand how to successfully manage and grow Key Accounts.
As this course discusses successful cross-functional Key Account approaches, managers within Medical affairs or Market Access with a high focus on Key Accounts in their country, will also benefit.
As this course is delivered by David Wright and Pijush Bose from Imonic, a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 42).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Customer Excellence Manager||AbbVie||Poland|
|Executive Director, Strategic Account Management Excellence||Allergan||Switzerland|
|Strategy & Operations / Account Lead Oncology||Bristol-Myers Squibb||Germany|
|Business Unit Director Spain & Portugal - Oncology||Eisai||Spain|
|Senior Manager Supply Chain||Novo Nordisk||Switzerland|
|Senior Product Manager||Pharming Group||The Netherlands|
|Global Trade Effectiveness Lead||Sanofi||Belgium|
|EUCAN Lead Customer Strategy & Solutions||Takeda||Switzerland|
|Senior Manager Oncology||Teva||Belgium|
Dates & Locations
Currently all CELforPharma courses are planned to only be held live online (hosted in Zoom) until international travel is back to normal.
2-3 December 2021, live online
Included in the Registration Fee
- Access to a small-class (max 20 participants), expert led course in real-time, using an interactive platform for break-out rooms, whiteboard exercises, polling, plenary discussions and chats.
- Course material, which will be provided to you in both digital format (by email) and in hard copy (by post, so you can make notes during the course).
- Certificate of attendance signed by the expert and CELforPharma.
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Annelies Swaan, Director Business Operations, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.