Michelle I Olufeso
- Founder and CEO of MIO Consult GmbH, an accounting consultancy specialising in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting for licence deals in the pharma-biotech-medtech world.
- Formerly with Roche (2004-2016) as Head of Accounting and External Relations, Michelle managed the accounting for all R&D alliances within the Roche Group globally.
- Highly respected for her contribution to IFRS standard setting and EU adoption of the standards.
- The types of financial statements and their components relevant for deal accounting.
- To understand the accounting terminology and implications of licensing contracts.
- How the classification of the IP transferred in a deal impacts on deal accounting.
- How to mitigate the risk of having income fluctuations in financial statements as a result of uncertainty around R&D deals.
- How to determine the accounting implications of in-licensing deals before deal signing.
- How to determine the accounting implications of out-licensing deals before deal signing.
- The accounting implications of equity transfers before deal signing.
- You will be able to use a decision tree that shows in advance how any licensing deal will be accounted for.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions to a finance expert about the deals you are working on.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: Most BusDev & Licensing executives in pharma, biotech or medtech companies have little understanding of accounting implications of the deals they are working on. As a result, when the deals are signed, the accounting treatment is often contrary to what was expected by the executives. By attending this course, you will be well equipped to pre-determine the accounting treatment to ensure there are no surprises post deal signing.
The Expert: As Roche’s former Head of Accounting, managing the accounting for all R&D alliances within the Roche Group globally, Michelle experienced firsthand the implications of a lack of understanding of accounting principles across functions involved in deal making. Her passion for inspiring others towards excellence led her to head the Roche Diploma in Accounting (RDA) trainings (Basic and Advanced), to develop training materials and to actively facilitate workshops worldwide. Her roles have enhanced her ability to have in-depth discussions with various stakeholders and high-profile professionals, from different countries, having very different backgrounds, across very different accounting and non-accounting topics.
The Financial Acumen for Executives in Pharma-Biotech-Medtech Licensing course is the only available public training course delivered by Michelle I Olufeso on this topic.
Agenda of Financial Acumen for Executives in Pharma-Biotech-Medtech Licensing
Welcome & Audience Expectations
Introduction: Linking Press Releases to Financial Statements
Financial Statements: Accounting Considerations for License Deals
Elements of Licensing Deals With Accounting Implications
Accounting for In-Licensing Deals
Transfer of Equity: Accounting Considerations and Implications
Accounting for Out-Licensing Deals
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
Michelle uses real-life cases to illustrate the theory. Interactive sessions, including a decision tree exercise, are embedded in this programme to ensure you leave equipped with actionable knowledge.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any CELforPharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
- Business Development Executives who scout and negotiate deals.
- Legal Executives who draft term sheets and the actual contracts.
- Finance Executives who need to understand deal structures, legal terminology and the accounting implications.
- Pharma, Biotech and Medtech Partnering Executives who source deals to complement existing portfolio.
- R&D or Disease Biology Area (DBA) Executives who want to better inform their finance colleagues about the nature of the science behind the IP transferred in deals.
- Executives in Marketing and Distribution who want to better inform their finance colleagues about the marketing elements to be transferred in deals.
As this course is delivered by Michelle I Olufeso from MIO Consult GmbH, a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 43).
As this is the first session of the Financial Acumen for Executives in Pharma-Biotech-Medtech Licensing course, there is no past participants list available.
As this is the first session of the Financial Acumen for Executives in Pharma-Biotech-Medtech Licensing course, there are no testimonials available.
Dates & Locations
25 November 2020, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, CELforPharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Senior Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
✓ Flexible Transfer Option
✓ Optimal Safety
✓ Small Groups (16 max)
✓ Spacious Seating
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing an invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Kealeigh Steel.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 45)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held before 31 December 2021.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.