- Founder of ORPHA Strategy Consulting, David is a sought-after expert for accelerating time to launch and patient access for OMPs and ATMPs.
- David's experience includes rare oncology and haematology diseases (ALL, AML, MM, CD30+ HL/NHL, CTCL, ALK+/EGFR+ NSCLC, breast cancer), metabolic and endocrine diseases (MPS, Graves’ disease, acromegaly), neurology diseases (CIDP, RTT, MG, narcolepsy, Friedrich’s ataxia), ophthalmic disorders (LCA), hepatic conditions (PSC), and rare immunological diseases (AMR, GvHD).
- Author and co-author of numerous peer-reviewed publications, David is a regular speaker at international meetings (ISPOR, RAPS EU Congress, Orphan Drugs Development and Commercialisation).
- Why market access challenges for OMPs and ATMPs, including autologous and allogeneic gene therapies, tissue engineered products and somatic cell therapies, are different from other drugs.
- How to collaborate with patients and caregivers in rare conditions to generate patient-relevant outcomes.
- Leveraging applications of RWE throughout the OMP and ATMP value chain.
- To mitigate payer uncertainty by addressing the challenge of early market access with accelerated approvals and fewer clinical data.
- How to develop a next-generation market access strategy with a full-spectrum lifecycle evidence generation plan that maximises product value from launch to loss of exclusivity.
- To differentiate and succeed in the increasingly competitive rare disease space with a “fast to patient” approach.
- You will receive an up-to-date collection of demonstrator cases and literature focused on rare patient engagement, PROs, patient-centric RWE applications in rare conditions, value demonstration and market access.
- You will be able to share your unique OMP- or ATMP-related challenges and to discuss practical solutions with the expert and delegates.
Why You Should Attend
The Content: The fundamental challenge for the successful market access and commercialisation of OMPs and ATMPs is that the evidence generated for regulatory approval cannot satisfy the requirements of HTA bodies, pricing & reimbursement, and contracting negotiations with payers. Approval does not guarantee a premium price nor commercial success. In this course you will learn to address the challenge of early market access based on fewer and less mature data, with the creation of an Early Value Proposition and a Patient-Centric Evidence Generation Plan that comprehensively support value demonstration, product positioning, and that meet the requirements of all healthcare stakeholders (regulators, patients & caregivers, physicians & KOLs, HTA bodies and payers).
The Expert: David Schwicker has developed a unique understanding in supporting clients with a “fast to market” strategy by integrating rare disease development, regulatory and market access strategies with the joint view of the earliest feasible and sustainable patient access to innovative orphan drugs and advanced therapies.
The Accelerating Market Access in Rare Diseases course is the only available public training course delivered by David Schwicker on this topic.
Agenda of Accelerating Market Access in Rare Diseases
Welcome & Audience Expectations
Opportunities and Challenges in OMPs and ATMPs
Empowerment & Involvement of Rare Disease Patients
Leveraging RWE Throughout the Value Chain
Learning from High-Impact Demonstrator Cases
Early Value Proposition and Evidence Generation Planning
Next-Generation Market Access Strategies for OMPs and ATMPs
Key Takeaways & Final Q&A
>> Click here if you wish to receive the PDF brochure of this course
David Schwicker is very experienced in transferring his expertise in small class executive courses. The key learning tool he employs in his course is interactive discussion of the content, based on numerous highly current real world case examples.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
This is an invaluable course for executives who want to learn about optimising market access and pricing of orphan drugs and advanced therapies for the 6-7.000 rare and ultra-rare conditions.
- Experienced pricing managers who want a review of the pricing strategies and innovative value-based approaches for OMPs and ATMPs
- Marketing and commercial executives who want to create next-generation patient-centric rare disease marketing plans
- R&D and regulatory executives who want to integrate an early value proposition and patient-centric RWE generation into their strategies
- Finance executives who need to understand the market access and pricing mechanisms of orphan drugs and advanced therapies
- Venture capitalists, strategists and portfolio executives who are interested in building or expanding a rare disease pipeline
- Patient advocates who want to learn more about real-world evidence and the biopharma approach to market access and pricing
- Epidemiologists, quality-of-life experts, outcomes researchers and health economists who want to apply their expertise to rare diseases
- Digital health, big data and real-world evidence researchers who want to leverage their fields in orphan drugs and advanced therapies
As this course is delivered by David Schwicker from ORPHA Strategy Consulting - a leading pharma consultancy company, executives from other professional service agencies should request approval prior to registering for this course. Please contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, for more information (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 43).
As this is the first session of the Accelerating Market Access in Rare Diseases course, there is no past participants list available.
As this is the first session of the Accelerating Market Access in Rare Diseases course, there are no testimonials available.
Dates & Locations
19 November 2019, Brussels
This course takes place at the Courtyard Marriott Brussels Hotel which is located 15 minutes from Brussels National Airport by complimentary hotel shuttle or taxi and 30 minutes by taxi from Brussels South train station (Thalys, TGV, Eurostar).
Address: Avenue des Olympiades 6, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 337 08 08
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Senior Programme Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Expert
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company.
Contact Inge Cornelis, Director Commercial Communications, (email@example.com) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details and company / invoicing details.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 3 weeks prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the course: cancellation fee of € 400 per participant.
- Up to 5 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Up to 3 weeks prior to the course: 75% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 3 weeks or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for registration fees.