Steve Fermer & Tim Holbrook
- Steve Fermer is the Adelphi Real World Innovation Director and works in RWE research and consulting since 2005.
- Tim Holbrook is the Adelphi Real World Health Economics and Outcomes Research Associate Director and has over 8 years of experience applying economic modelling to healthcare and public health decision-making.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Understand what Real World Evidence (RWE) is and what it entails.
- Learn how different pharmaceutical companies include RWE as a function/role in the company structure.
- Know why payers, physicians and pharma need RWE and how to address all user needs.
- Learn from best-practice examples of the 5 most commonly used methodologies.
- Be able to design effective RWE plans.
- Understand how you can develop your role and enable your company’s effective engagement with RWE.
Why You Should Attend
Closely integrated with concepts such as patient centricity and optimising healthcare provision, RWE is emerging as a critical area of expertise in pharmaceutical companies. It is becoming increasingly important within evidence planning and evidence submission, engaging various functions, such as HEOR, Medical Affairs, R&D and Commercial. The management of RWE is emerging as a new function and all pharma companies need to acquire new competencies across the organisation to stay competitive in an evolving market access environment.
The Content: Using published cases as examples to build your technical expertise, the experts will share their insights gained from working across the pharmaceutical industry in developing solutions to difficult challenges.
The Experts: Steve Fermer and Tim Holbrook work with RWE every day and engage with a wide range of life science companies, predominantly in pharma. Adelphi has a 20+ year heritage in conducting Real World studies in Europe, USA, the Far East and Latin America through the Adelphi Real World Disease Specific Programmes® (DSPs) and Bespoke Solutions. The combined knowledge and experience of these two leading problem-solvers makes this course an invaluable learning experience.
The Fundamentals of Real World Evidence course is the only available public training course delivered by Steve Fermer & Tim Holbrook on the topic of RWE.
Welcome & Audience Expectations
What is RWE and Where Does It Fit in the Organisation?
Who Uses RWE and Why? – How to Address Their Needs?
Working with RWE Methodologies
How to Optimally Design a RWE Plan
Wrap Up & Take Homes
The seminar is designed and delivered as an introduction to RWE, using examples and cases to explain definitions, approaches and solution creation. You will gain from the experts´ recommendations based on their vast experience in developing RWE research solutions.
The emphasis is thus on case-based learning. You will be encouraged to ask questions, engage in creative problem-solving discussions and bring your own challenges and experiences to the meeting. You will gain by learning from the RWE experience of your peers.
One of the most valuable aspects of attending any C.E.L.forpharma course is not only being able to have your specific questions answered by a leading expert, but also having the opportunity to share experiences and have in-depth discussions with your international peers.
|The typical audience size of our courses ranges from 6 to 24 (max) participants.|
Who Should Attend?
As the RWE function is evolving rapidly and in addition at a different pace across the industry, a variety of executive profiles will benefit from participating in this course:
- RWE practitioners who want to understand how other companies engage and practice RWE, and want to share and discuss their experience with addressing RWE research challenges.
- Executives new to RWE who want to embrace the opportunities that are emerging for RWE managers as a new function.
- Pharma executives not currently working in RWE, but who are interested in learning what RWE can bring to their current role, in particular those leading evidence based functions such as market access, medical affairs and R&D.
- Heads of country affiliates and regional offices, as well as HR & Training executives, who need to ensure that this new function incorporates successfully within their organisations and is equipped with the appropriate set of new competencies.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of past participants who have benefited from attending this course.
|Senior Global Medical Affairs Manager||ALK||Denmark|
|Project Manager, Value Based Healthcare||Amgen||Switzerland|
|Head of HEOR&Pricing||Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals||Sweden|
|Medical Director||Eon Dental||Jordan|
|Clinical Research Physician/Medical Advisor||Lilly||Belgium|
|Manager Oncology Corporate Affairs Europe||Lilly||Belgium|
|Medical Affairs Project Manager||Novo Nordisk||Denmark|
|Country Study Manager||Roche||Italy|
|Customer Insight and Business Development||Takeda||Netherlands|
|Director GMA Allergy||UCB||Switzerland|
Dates & Locations
Additional course dates TBC shortly. Please leave your email here to be notified
Hotel Booking Assistance
Having built a strong relationship with each hotel, C.E.L.forpharma has secured preferential room rates for our delegates who book their accommodation three weeks or more prior to the course. Upon your registration, we will help you make your hotel booking. For any assistance in this matter please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Nissen, Programme Coordinator (email@example.com, tel +32 (0)2 709 01 46).
Included in the Registration Fee
- Course Material (Digital & Print Versions)
- Coffee, Tea & Refreshments During the Course
- Lunch During the Course
- Certificate of Attendance Signed by the Experts
Team discounts can be offered to 3 or more delegates from the same company. Contact Annelies Swaan, Head of Business Operations, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
How to Register
- Click the "Register Here" button on this page.
- Choose a course date, then fill out your personal details in step 1 and company / invoicing details in step 2.
- Choose to pay via bank transfer / invoice or by credit card.
- Click "Confirm Registration". You will be sent an automatic email confirming your registration followed by a personal email containing a pro-forma invoice and further payment instructions.
For assistance in registering, raising a PO or invoicing, please do not hesitate to contact Britt De Cat.
(email: email@example.com or call: +32 2 709 01 44)
Transfer & Cancellation Policy
- If a registrant cannot attend the scheduled course, he/she can avoid any cancellation charge by sending a suitable replacement participant.
- Alternatively, the registrant can transfer once on a “space available” basis at no extra cost, until 1 week prior to the event, to another course held within one year of the original course date.
- Cancelling 5 weeks or more prior to the course: cancellation fee of €250.
- Cancelling 4 to 3 weeks prior to the course: 25% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Cancelling 14 to 7 working days prior to the course: 50% of the invoiced registration fee.
- Fewer than 7 working days or if no notification received: registrant liable to pay invoiced registration fee.
- If a registrant postpones his/her participation to a future course, and cancels again, no refund can be claimed for paid registration fees.